Really stupid drivers.

Sorry to be a peddant RJRB but any part of your car no matter how little that is over the line is wrong.If you are unable to complete your move safely then you have to wait .Having said that ,having come down RVR to the Watersmeet junction .

Pedant only has one 'd' but you misunderstand the situation.There was room for me to move into RVR and I was moving not stationary.

The Mercedes was not visible when I pulled out of Watersmeet,but came round the corner at a lick,and accelerated away up RVR,which is incidentally a 30 mph limit beyond the paddling pool.

The driver just wanted to create an incident where none existed.i.e stupid

RJRB ,I could have possibly bought into what you had said till you tried to highlight my literacy.I am aware of how many D`s in pedant,sadly sometimes my keyboard does not and occasionally sticks.Then to inform me of the speed limit is rude.I cannot imagine that a person with your integrity being incorrect in spotting a potential wrong doing.

Drivers who can only do 40. 40 through the 50 zone, 40 through the 30 zone, they are incapable of adjusting their speed apparently.

This! Except its 35 in my experience.

RJRB ,I could have possibly bought into what you had said till you tried to highlight my literacy.I am aware of how many D`s in pedant,sadly sometimes my keyboard does not and occasionally sticks.Then to inform me of the speed limit is rude.I cannot imagine that a person with your integrity being incorrect in spotting a potential wrong doing.

Sorry.I do not understand why commenting on the speed limit being 30 mph is being rude to your good self.

I was merely making an observation because it seems that for some,once they are off Holme Lane,it time to hit the open road at 40 mph plus.

Drivers who can only do 40. 40 through the 50 zone, 40 through the 30 zone, they are incapable of adjusting their speed apparently.

I've noticed an increase in a trend of drivers that seem to need a pace car.

I'll explain.

Last week I was the 3rd car in a train of 7, in a 50 zone, sunny dry day. The lead car was doing 26mph and due to oncoming no one could overtake him.

After about 3 miles an opportunity for car No2 to overtake, so they did and accelerated to the limit. At this point the former lead car also accelerated and kept pace with the new lead car.

For me it's a massive lack of confidence/skill and that's just as bad if not worse than overconfident drivers.

Driving back from work this evening along Moss Way towards Mosborough. Car in front of me suddenly slams on his brakes just before the Beighton Rd junction and lets a car out. Then starts to make the right turn into Beighton Rd and puts his indicator on as an afterthought :rolleyes:

The word 'indicator' has totally lost it's meaning with far too many of today's drivers :rant:

I've noticed an increase in a trend of drivers that seem to need a pace car.

I'll explain.

Last week I was the 3rd car in a train of 7, in a 50 zone, sunny dry day. The lead car was doing 26mph and due to oncoming no one could overtake him.

After about 3 miles an opportunity for car No2 to overtake, so they did and accelerated to the limit. At this point the former lead car also accelerated and kept pace with the new lead car.

For me it's a massive lack of confidence/skill and that's just as bad if not worse than overconfident drivers.

Annoys me more when I'm 4 cars back and asking myself, why are car #2 and #3 not passing now? If I'm that far back and think it's clear, then they should have been gone seconds before!

Annoys me more when I'm 4 cars back and asking myself, why are car #2 and #3 not passing now? If I'm that far back and think it's clear, then they should have been gone seconds before!

Maybe they're happy at that speed and it's just you that wants to go faster?

Anyhoo, driving up Greystones Rd this morning and let a car through coming downhill. The driver had both hands on the wheel, all good. A mug of tea in one hand, a bit of toast in the other. Not good. Downright stupid and thoughtless in fact.

There is a lot of "Out of my way - don't you know who I am?" drivers around atm. A lot of the drive blinged up Range Rovers or top end Audis.

The same speed everywhere driver though! Blimey, they are annoying. Came up behind one on a 50mph main road, but they were doing a steady 35! It was hard to overtake so a train of us were stuck behind him until he pulled away slightly through a 30 zone! :mad: