Ecclesall Road resurfacing- July 2017

During most of July, Ecclesall Road will be partially closed overnight. Streets Ahead letters have already been sent out. Works on this, the main A625 trunk route south-westwards from the City Centre, will be overnight (1900hrs-0600hrs M-F). Between 1900-2200hrs., a one-way scheme will operate; thereafter, there will be total closure: presumably of discrete sections and not the entirety.

At least SCC picked a less-studented time of year; but it will be fairly difficult even so. Buses diverted, cars susceptible to being towed-away, etc.

During most of July, Ecclesall Road will be partially closed overnight. Streets Ahead letters have already been sent out. Works on this, the main A625 trunk route south-westwards from the City Centre, will be overnight (1900hrs-0600hrs M-F). Between 1900-2200hrs., a one-way scheme will operate; thereafter, there will be total closure: presumably of discrete sections and not the entirety.

At least SCC picked a less-studented time of year; but it will be fairly difficult even so. Buses diverted, cars susceptible to being towed-away, etc.

Good news :) A nice smooth cycle to work once it's completed.

Whatever arrangements are made re closures, it will be awkward. Not life threatening though.

There will be chaos and someone will moan. Moan that the roads are full of potholes then moan again when they are being repaired.

More news:

Also Ecclesall Road South to be resurfaced (overnights BUT with full road closure) from:

a. 10 July (Banner Cross- Blenheim Mews) for four weeks; and

b. 24 July (Blenheim Mews- Abbey Lane) for two weeks

I'm surprised they're resurfacing the whole thing, as although some parts are in a shocking state, others are still smooth enough to be left for the time being.

I'd say Knowle Lane to Abbey Lane is fine as it is, and Hunters Bar down to Summerfield Street is okay. The bits I'd resurface are Hunters Bar to Knowle Lane (the worst bit) and Summerfield St down to Moore St roundabout.

Yes it will cause disruption, but the bottom section can easily be bypassed using Psalter Lane/Cemetery Road.

I'm surprised they're resurfacing the whole thing, as although some parts are in a shocking state, others are still smooth enough to be left for the time being.

I'd say Knowle Lane to Abbey Lane is fine as it is, and Hunters Bar down to Summerfield Street is okay. The bits I'd resurface are Hunters Bar to Knowle Lane (the worst bit) and Summerfield St down to Moore St roundabout.

Yes it will cause disruption, but the bottom section can easily be bypassed using Psalter Lane/Cemetery Road.

Try it by bike....

I would agree with you on the Ecclesall Rd South bit though, seems fine on two wheels and four.

Except that one cannot turn right, at Banner Cross, from Psalter Lane into Ecclesall Road.

Will be a bit chaotic, but some sections really need doing.

Pomona to Hunters bar, I'm never doing more than a few mph, so not sure about that bit needs doing :hihi:

Also Ecclesall Road South to be resurfaced (overnights BUT with full road closure) from:

a. 10 July (Banner Cross- Blenheim Mews) for four weeks; and

b. 24 July (Blenheim Mews- Abbey Lane) for two weeks

blimey four weeks?! :shocked:

That's quite a detour around it for so long.

some of it cracking alread

Great post, thanks for the information.

That's quite a detour around it for so long.

Use Greystones Road/Highcliffe Road/High Storrs Road and then either:

a. Knowle Lane; or

b. Ringinglow Road/Bents Road.

Its ok, they resurfaced around mine a couple of months ago, and now they are ripping lots of it back up again across the road to build a damned school