Wild swimming spots around sheffield?

It has been partially drained, a pool has been left in the base. Derbyshire Dales Ramblers Swimming Team use it.

Downstream from the Barbrook reservoir there is a pool about 10 metres by 10 metres which would look inviting on a day like today.

I think there is a wild swimming club based at Manvers Lake at Wath, also seen people swimming at Redmires. Think the ones st Redmires may have been triathletes in training as later they came running past us on the moor footpath

There's a place you can swim starkers in the river Wye, halfway between Ashford in the Water and Bakewell. It gets even wilder when the ducks start chasing you, I can tell you!

After a worm?

After a worm?

Who knows what goes on in the mind of a duck? :)

We go in the River Don from under the A1 bridge at Sprotbrough regularly. It's very clean up there now (albeit a little murky), can swim for about 1.2 miles up and down stream from there until you get to weirs etc. The only obstables are the rowing club and canal boats but they're both decent groups and will look out for you.

langold Lake and steetly quarry, canal basin at tinsley and shire oaks. manvers lake. all good

I was at the Derwent Dam at the weekend and I was amazed at how many people were swimming, not sure how dangerous it is in there but nobody was stopping them, there were plenty who were not even in their teens who were diving off the big pipe that goes across the water.

apparently if you go up rivelin valley road, close to the childrens playground, on a hot summers day.. you can see Hillsboro tree penguins tombstone"ing into the river.