Suspected Suicide Bomber Attacks Brussels Station

Good to see the Belgians being fairly effective for a change, they have been the weak link for far too long.

It is getting difficult to keep up with this now it is becoming a weekly occurence.I hope that only the attacker was a victim of this attack.

I hope that only the attacker was a victim of this attack.

and a trolley?

"Then he cried 'Allahu Akbar' and he blew up a trolley," he was quoted by AFP news agency as saying

It is getting difficult to keep up with this now it is becoming a weekly occurence.I hope that only the attacker was a victim of this attack.

Very much so, in fact it was the third or fourth item on BBC Breakfast this morning.

Guest sibon

To be fair, if this had happened a few years ago, it wouldn't have made our news.

Small explosion in Belgian station, nobody hurt. (With the obvious exception of the sociopath with the bomb). That's not going to sell many papers.

The one on the Champs Elysées on Monday did not make much 'more' news than this Brussels train station one.

That Champs Elysées one barely 'missed' my wife, by an hour or so (happened less than an hour after she'd walked by that very spot) :gag:

Not surprised only the attacker was killed/died: the place is positively crawling (albeit with surprisingly low visibility) with armed forces/police/CRS on foot, horse, scooters and vans, literally one every 10 yards or so, all the way from the Arc de Triomphe to the Place de la Concorde (and past it to the Louvre).

The odd thing is that we never felt threatened or 'in danger' as such whilst we were there (although, being of a 'superobservant' nature, I tended to look at vans driven by people with a darker complexion a tad longer than I usually would, and walk very briskly away from any car or van being stop-checked by police).