Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Does anyone remember the original Cadillacs before the Johnny Tempest era,Ithink they changed their name to the Originals circa 1960/61. Members of the band who will now be in their seventies were Barry Brumpton, lead guitar ,Tommy Rattigan, rythmn guitar. John Wilson, bass guitar, Bob Carter, vocals, I cant remember the name of the drummer.

We are still fans of the present day Cadillacs, although there are only two left, Barry on guitar and Malcolm Towndrow( Past Masters) on base. Still good to listen the best music ever (the REAL Rock & Roll)

Hiya

Looking for anyone who saw Frank White at the Pheasant or The Broadfield in the late 70's?

Memories welcome.

Thanks

Dodger

John Ohara and the Playboys used to visit Sheffield regularly at the Black Swan along with Bitter suite and many others oh what glorious days, any one remember Robert King and the Allstars?

My cousin, Roy Pitchford played with the Blue Harmony Boys. He now lives in York.[/quote

Hi..I'm Roy Pitchford's daughter.Is this Peter L?! Yes Dad was pianist for Blue Harmony Boys in Sheffield c 1960+ .He remembers Jim Rich snr and his son (JRof Dallas) from NCO club Germany & sends his regards!!Says he remembers you inviting them to a Thanksgiving meal and asking him if he "spoke English"!!!Dad indeed is in York now.Lost contact with you..message me!This thread wont let me personal message people!

Eric Stewart played lead guitar with the Mindbenders, before moving to 10cc. I seem to remember him being in another group when he was in between these groups but I could be wrong.

That group would be Hotlegs and hit song 'Neanderthal Man' the same personnel became 10cc later.

Hi Zeke,

I'm Tony Warburton [bass]remember the big bang? I do.

my bans were,from 1959,

Pete Emmett and the Skyliners

Tony and the Melodies

The Mel Wayne Four

Terry Wayne and the Pursuers

There were 2 others but age has lost them, my run ended in 1967.

Still muc about on my bass but work damage has taken its toll, thats life.

Got your listing from the guy next door, he said to me you''re famous you're on the forum, anyway nice to be remembered. Have fun and by the way my mother always said 'Never Worry' All the Best T

GrahamY said

I thought 10cc were big in the early 70s ?

If my memory is correct I think 10cc were originally the Hot legs ?

Hi TW Bass,

I played Bass with Pete Emmett and the Beat Squad, around 63/64.

Bumped into Pete a few months ago, got a contact No off him, PM me if you would like to contact him. Annoying thing is ,he still looks the same, unlike majority of the 60s musos I,ve met over the last few years. Wonder what would have caused that, probably the Watneys red barrel we seemed to find in various clubs in that era.

Hi antlaw

I posted because of Zekes query about me but I do remember Pete Emmett, [i think his name was Candlen] we all kicked off at school when we were 12-13 back in the late 50ties not a care in the world, we just did it,makes me laugh when I think about it. Any way Have a good life TW

Jim, I recently stayed in Sheffield, mid August, at the Leopold Hotel. It's very central, near plenty of nightlife, and at a very reasonable price. I currently live on Long Island, NYC, but grew up in Sheffield - left in 1970.

Geoff

Hi my uncle Barry was Sandy in the Blue Harmony Boys he played the saxophone, he's still fit and well and lives near Wadsley Bridge Club

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 16:02 ----------

Would love to hear who still is alive from the Blue harmony boys. They were good friends of my family in the early 1960s in Germany, They played at my dad's club in Sembach at the U.S. Air Force Base. I have pictures of them which I can share with anyone interested. We visited them in early sixties in Sheffield - great memories.

My uncle Barry was Sandy in the Blue Harmoney Boys and he played the Sax, he's still fit and well and living in Sheffield, unfortunately Ken the singer died a few years ago.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 16:03 ----------

My cousin, Roy Pitchford played with the Blue Harmony Boys. He now lives in York.[/quote

Hi..I'm Roy Pitchford's daughter.Is this Peter L?! Yes Dad was pianist for Blue Harmony Boys in Sheffield c 1960+ .He remembers Jim Rich snr and his son (JRof Dallas) from NCO club Germany & sends his regards!!Says he remembers you inviting them to a Thanksgiving meal and asking him if he "spoke English"!!!Dad indeed is in York now.Lost contact with you..message me!This thread wont let me personal message people!

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 16:05 ----------

Hi my uncle Barry was Sandy in the Blue Harmoney Boys, he played Saxoaphone, he's still fit and well and living in Sheffield, unfortunately Ken who was the singer died a few years ago.

I remember seeing The Drumbeats at Hillsbro' Memo Hall in early 60's, I used to stand and watch the lead guitarist who I think called himself "Jet", he had blonde hair combed straight forward and played a white or blue Strat. I bought a white Strat and Vox AC30 super twin in '66 so he must have had a profound effect on me! Those WERE the days.

All the Drumbeats are alive and kicking all though I'm the only one still playing in a band.

GrahamY said

I thought 10cc were big in the early 70s ?

True, about '72 to '78, not from Sheffield either.They were made up of 2 Mindbenders and 2 from Hotfoot.