Research property history where?

can anyone help iv been looking online for ages im trying to find the history of a house local im sure it was a shop in the 1980's but no one can remember or what it may have sold,its a normal home now,

are there any websites the ones i find are for people not houses

thanks in advance

I came across this in a search of the webb, it may be worth a try :

nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-place/houses.htm

Good Luck !!!

...im sure it was a shop in the 1980's ...
Hi - if the house was a shop also in the early 1970s it will be shown as such in local Kelly's directories. The last Sheffield & Rotherham directory was published in 1974. They can be consulted in the Local Studies Library (Surrey Street) but I have the 1973 directory and several earlier ones. I can look up the address if you like (contact me by PM if you prefer). In any event I'll be able to give the names of former occupiers of the house as given in the directories.

You may find there is reference to the address at the Sheffield Archives. I found a copy of the original builder's drawings for my house.

It is a longshot but you could give them a ring, sorry I haven't the telephone number to hand.

Good luck with your search

Happy Days! PopT

You may find there is reference to the address at the Sheffield Archives. I found a copy of the original builder's drawings for my house.

It is a longshot but you could give them a ring, sorry I haven't the telephone number to hand.

Good luck with your search

Happy Days! PopT

Thanks popT

There doesn't seem to be much info about the shop/house

Or pics online iv had a helpful pm on here,but as its on the boarder of Sheffield no more information seems to be available

We have now bought the said house and love it ?