Which Car Harness

I need to get a harness to keep my golden retriever safe in the back seat of my car. I want one that is clipped into the seat belt holder rather than loop through the seat belt itself. Any suggestions for a decent one for a large dog?

Thanks

Contact the dogs trust York road Leeds West Yorkshire they are so good at free advice and have a great shop

We bought ours from pets at home and they've got a few different types to choose from. Ours clips onto our dogs harness and then plugs into the seatbelt so it works like it does for us. I then put one of her beds on the seat so she lays comfortably in that and I know she's clipped in safe.

Would you consider a proper travel cage instead of a harness? Much safer for car occupant and the dog if you have an accident. Something like this is removable and often is still in tact when the car is badly damaged. Good for a mobile bed / kennel when taking the dogs away. Ours love using theirs as a bed.

http://www.cabtransitboxes.co.uk/

I've used the safety harness that fastens into a seat belt clip and also favoured the Kurgo one with zip line, both well regarded but speaking to a climbing expert in the shop in Hathersage, we decided to try a double ended climbing carabiner with the shortest length of strap attached to Jesse's car harness/walking harness and clipped through the seatbelt strap because they are designed to stop grown men and women from plunging off mountains so should be a pretty good for a dog in the event of a collision.

It's quick release and stops her from getting tangled up in the seatbelt which was a big problem with the seatbelt clipping harnesses.

We can't use the Kurgo zip line which I still think is the best, because our little Nissan doesn't have overhead grB handles in the back yo attach the zip line too (our previous car did have them)

---------- Post added 15-01-2017 at 15:28 ----------

Sort of like this

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing-carabiners-quickdraws/nitron-quickdraw-BD3810840000ALL1.html#start=17

But this is from an American site couldn't think what it's called over here

Thanks Katkin, that's really interesting

we paid about a tenner for the double ended strap.