And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

Lambert started to pick things up for Wolves but there's a lot of managers on the gravy train.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him but the guy doesn't do it for me. In my opinion he was useless at the Lane, I appreciate that this is not a popular view and other fans always criticise the Blades for how he was treat, but look at his record. He had one good season at Barnsley in 1996-97 and credit to him for that but done nothing since. The fans at Barnsley worshipped him but on his second stint there they turned on him.

Yesterdays man I'm afraid.

There are loads like him on the gravy train, Holloway, Lambert, Coyne, etc.

Wonder where he'll turn up next ?

There's quite a few that have one good season and after that they're finished,seems strange that,like Aidey Boothroyd,Uwe Rosler,think Coyle may have had more than one,but he's done nothing for years.

I actually feel a bit sorry for him but the guy doesn't do it for me. In my opinion he was useless at the Lane, I appreciate that this is not a popular view and other fans always criticise the Blades for how he was treat, but look at his record. He had one good season at Barnsley in 1996-97 and credit to him for that but done nothing since. The fans at Barnsley worshipped him but on his second stint there they turned on him.

Managers like Wilson , Micky Adams, Russell Slade Etc get jobs because they're not charging the earth to take on a job, so they quickly get remployed when sacked. Look at Ronnie Moore hes worked fairly regular over the years and apart from a play off with Rotherham he's done nothing, yet they think he's a legend down there!.

Wonder where 'Elbows' will turn up next.

he had 2 or 3 at least good seasons... but on his 2nd visit there was probably a prevailing animosity over his departure in 97 to the dark side

Managers like Wilson , Micky Adams, Russell Slade Etc get jobs because they're not charging the earth to take on a job, so they quickly get remployed when sacked. Look at Ronnie Moore hes worked fairly regular over the years and apart from a play off with Rotherham he's done nothing, yet they think he's a legend down there!.
maybe down to fact he was like their star player back in the 80s

Northampton have sacked manager Rob Page.

---------- Post added 15-01-2017 at 11:14 ----------

Nottingham Forest sack head coach Philippe Montanier.

---------- Post added 15-01-2017 at 18:05 ----------

And another one bites the dust.

Craig Hignett: Manager leaves League Two strugglers Hartlepool

Shame about Hignett, he was doing OK for a while there at a club that is usually struggling.

I wonder about Man City, if Guardiola will stick it? Their squad is getting old now and needs a lot of new blood, but they probably won't get it this season. All of their full backs are over 30; Sagna is 33 (34 next month), Kolarov 31, Zabalyeta 32 and Clichy 31. In midfield Yaya Toure is 33 and Fernandinho is 31.

It's a lot of older players.

Shame about Hignett, he was doing OK for a while there at a club that is usually struggling.

I wonder about Man City, if Guardiola will stick it? Their squad is getting old now and needs a lot of new blood, but they probably won't get it this season. All of their full backs are over 30; Sagna is 33 (34 next month), Kolarov 31, Zabalyeta 32 and Clichy 31. In midfield Yaya Toure is 33 and Fernandinho is 31.

It's a lot of older players.

Bertrand was a name being touted about in the press today.

And hartlepool have gone through more managers than practically anyone in the football league bar leeds. They need a bit of stability.

Bertrand was a name being touted about in the press today.

And hartlepool have gone through more managers than practically anyone in the football league bar leeds. They need a bit of stability.

Yes Mr.T. Agreed but both Nottingham clubs, Chesterfield, Leyton Orient and Rotherham United should be up there !

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 19:23 ----------

Wonder where 'Elbows' will turn up next.

Who's 'Elbows' Jim, and why ?

Edited by stpetre
add

Who's 'Elbows' Jim, and why ?

Have a look at Iain Hume's wiki page under the Barnsley section.

Have a look at Iain Hume's wiki page under the Barnsley section.

Ha ha.

Dave Jones taken over at Hartlepool.

There's quite a few that have one good season and after that they're finished,seems strange that,like Aidey Boothroyd,Uwe Rosler,think Coyle may have had more than one,but he's done nothing for years.

Uwe Rösler is currently Fleetwood Town manager, and a decent season they're having on a limited budget too, (currently 6th)