Edgar Allen One Of Sheffields Oldest Companies

Hi I think my Dad Colin Theaker (now deceased) worked there in the 1950s but that's most likely before your time 'baby barrie' :nod::smile:

I worked for Edgar Allen Foundry (in the work's office/stores) late 80's. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Some great people worked there and I have some brilliant memories of my time there. Then some bright spark comes along and decides to build Meadowhall right in the middle of it!

I worked for Edgar Allen Foundry (in the work's office/stores) late 80's. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Some great people worked there and I have some brilliant memories of my time there. Then some bright spark comes along and decides to build Meadowhall right in the middle of it!

can you remember phill leavsley he worked at the foundry then came to shepcote lane when it closed down.

I definately remember the name, what dept was he in? I worked with Ray Wrigley in the Works office but before that he was Melting shop manager and so loads of fellas from the melting shop were always in our office.

I definately remember the name, what dept was he in? I worked with Ray Wrigley in the Works office but before that he was Melting shop manager and so loads of fellas from the melting shop were always in our office.

in the foundry he might have been a inspector

doe you remember eric morris

NO, sorry can't recall an eric morris. But the more I think about it, I think I can put a face to Phil Levesley.

NO, sorry can't recall an eric morris. But the more I think about it, I think I can put a face to Phil Levesley.

what about mike westoby the metalogist ?

Oh yes Michael James Westoby! as we always called him. Remember him well! Used to do his typing! Top bloke once you got to know him. I take it he went over to Shepcote Lane then. He never still works there?! Wonder if he would remember me, the little Y.T.S. ?! He used to spend a lot of time in our office.

Oh yes Michael James Westoby! as we always called him. Remember him well! Used to do his typing! Top bloke once you got to know him. I take it he went over to Shepcote Lane then. He never still works there?! Wonder if he would remember me, the little Y.T.S. ?! He used to spend a lot of time in our office.

yes he came here but is based at the foundry in bathgate

i saw him a couple of weeks ago when i was on nights.

he is not liked down here at shepcote lane a bit of a t****r

Lol ~ yeah I can understand him not being liked! He was stuck up and up himself! I can imagine that don't go down too well a bunch of blokes working in the east end of Sheffield. Suppose I knew the OK side of him cause I was only 17/18 at the time and was female, and he was always OK with me. And anyway, if he hadn't have been I would have got him told! Or Ray Wrigley would have ~ he was like another dad to me.

I worked at Edgar Allen from 1976 to 1986 in the Melting Shop I know Ray Wrigley very well when he was melting shop manager.