Apple Tree Yard

This new serial is on BBC TV tonight. I'm on holiday! Can someone tell me when the first episode is repeated next week? Very grateful!!!

Can't see that there any repeats. It's available on I-player though.

I'm recording it. Anything with Emily Watson in it can't be bad

Thought it was ok, but another prodramme where I couldn't hear half of what they said!

Thought it was ok, but another prodramme where I couldn't hear half of what they said!

I didnt watch it but Taboo is much the same. Im going to invite who ever is responsible for the sound to watch the series with me. Every time he or she says can you turn it up or down (mumbling when people are talking, walls shake when a horse trots by) I get to slap them across the face and for every episode where that doesnt happen I give them a £1000. I think Ill come out on top.

You are so right, that mumbling female who is playing the lead role has completely spoilt the program.They all seem to be the same nowadays we should all be sending our complaints to the TV producers who obviously don't watch their own programmes.After Apple Tree Yard I watched a 1950s cowboy film and it was a real pleasure, I could hear every word that was said.

Not watched it yet but agree with the comments about mumbling. Almost gave up on Ripper St after the very first episode but managed to tune my ear in.

Are we just getting old, or in the quest for "authenticity", are directors telling actors to mumble like people do in real life?

Either way it's blooming annoying.

Not watched it yet but agree with the comments about mumbling. Almost gave up on Ripper St after the very first episode but managed to tune my ear in.

Are we just getting old, or in the quest for "authenticity", are directors telling actors to mumble like people do in real life?

Either way it's blooming annoying.

Sound editors are at fault - I could a horse clip clopping with total clarity on Taboo - Tom Hardy was really difficult.

Sound editors are at fault - I could a horse clip clopping with total clarity on Taboo - Tom Hardy was really difficult.

Have you ever known Tom Hardy to be intelligible!?

Have you ever known Tom Hardy to be intelligible!?

Fair comment actally - alot of the cast you could hear OK thinking about it!

I don't recall struggling to hear what people were saying in Wolf Hall, which I thought was amazing, and there's never any problems with soaps or sitcoms. I just think certain directors want authentic grunts and murmers whereas the public just want to hear whats being said and are willing to suspend their disbelief that a Dickensian beggar can talk properly.

Maybe you need to adjust your sets? Watched this last night and had no trouble hearing the dialogue at all. Interesting first episode. Will be watching next one.

Was good. Nice to see Ben Chaplin after such a long gap since "Game On".