Contractors in the seventys

any one work at wellermans bros, in the 70tys

I worked for Wellermans many years ago at Stocksbridge and in the yard at Dunn St.

Worked contracting at week ends at stocksbridge cleaning scale from under runners in the mill Wellermans lorry pick us up at ladies bridge and take us to sammy foxes

My Grandad worked for Gleesons in the 60s/70s/80s Did anyone else on here work there?

My Grandad worked for Gleesons in the 60s/70s/80s Did anyone else on here work there?

Hello Jack, I worked for Gleesons on at least five occasions in the 60s and 70,s.

Most Sheffield bricklayers at that time would have worked for them at one time or another, they were probably the biggest contractors around Sheffield at that time.

The last job I worked on was the Tower Blocks on Norfolk Park, they sacked us all one Friday and then set us back on again the week after.

Crazy days.

Worked for Gleesons at their Meadowhead Depot, in the 70s with, Sam, Pete and Gordon, occasionally driving the staff coach out to the Calow Hospital site at Chesterfield, finished up taking most of the Tower Crane sections down to their Micham Depot by a low loader when the Manpower job was finishing.

Hello Jack, I worked for Gleesons on at least five occasions in the 60s and 70,s.

Most Sheffield bricklayers at that time would have worked for them at one time or another, they were probably the biggest contractors around Sheffield at that time.

The last job I worked on was the Tower Blocks on Norfolk Park, they sacked us all one Friday and then set us back on again the week after.

Crazy days.

Cuttsie! I thought thad sacked thisen from't forum. Anyway, welcome back mate. Say hello to Neepsendlane when tha sees him.

Cuttsie! I thought thad sacked thisen from't forum. Anyway, welcome back mate. Say hello to Neepsendlane when tha sees him.

James as I said on the above post sacked on Friday back on Monday .

Neepsend Lane? Is that Bronco's brother or perhaps a figment of imagination

any one work at wellermans bros, in the 70tys

at one end of the skid pads in the mill where we cleaned the scale out iam sure there was a little door that led to a pub:huh:

at one end of the skid pads in the mill where we cleaned the scale out iam sure there was a little door that led to a pub:huh:

A pal of mine, Ray Healey worked in that mill.