Residents of Arbourthorne rd

Anyone live on Arbourthorne rd in the 50-60s

born in 1951 on arbourthorne road no 428 lived there till 1966

Hi Alan52 i lived at 486 Arbourthorne rd from 1949-1964 corner of Arbourthorne & Berners drive next door to the Murphy's.

i lived at 435.arbourthorne road for 20 years until 1973. i lived next door to a singer called flo midwood who used to sing at working mens clubs

I lived 2 houses away from Flo in 30's /40's

hazel

I had a relative live in the corner house of arbourthorne road and eastern avenue..I've forgotten the number though..444 is in my head for some reason..but not sure...her name was Mrs Taylor, she lived with her lodger called Mr Barker.(barks for short)....can remember going in the 1970s there....

I had a relative live in the corner house of arbourthorne road and eastern avenue..I've forgotten the number though..444 is in my head for some reason..but not sure...her name was Mrs Taylor, she lived with her lodger called Mr Barker.(barks for short)....can remember going in the 1970s there....

1965 directory,

Mrs. R Taylor, 444 Arbourthorne Road.

Yeh thats it....rose taylor bless her....see my memory not gone altogether yet....thanks for that.

Hello I am Carol Ash used to be Allwood and lived at 466 Arbourthorn Road until 1960 when I got married. I used to live next door to Joan Taylor. Flo Midwood lived across the road from us and she had a son who died quite young. . They called him Ernest Twigg Would be interested if anyone can remember me. My mum and Dad lived there until 1973 when they came out to us in Australia. Regard Carol

I lived across from Joan Taylor and used to play with her

next door to her going up was an old couple whoes grandson came to visit and 2 houses up was a girl called Ann Taylor younger than me.

Flo and Eanest Twig lived across from Ann

Joan had an older sister.

Down from me was Mrs Frith Mrs Marshall and then I think a boy called Alan.

up from me was Mrs Gilbert Tommy Greensmith and then Flo

hazel

What year was you living there then? I can't remember you. Still I am 70 now!!!!!! I remember Mrs Gilbert. Her and her husband wasn't married really but in those days it was frowned upon so they called themselves Mr and Mrs. Did you go to Arbourthorn Central School on Eastern Avenue? Over the back from where we lived at 466 was Josie Wild who lived in Bernard Road. I used to play with her when I was a kid although she was a bit younger than me and also her Auntie and Uncle lived next door to them he was a barber. Mr and Mrs Webb who was Josie's grandparents lived with them

Kathleen Taylor was Joans older sister.