Butchers at upperthorpe

I was only a whippersnapper at the time,but we used to get our meat delivered every Wednesday and Saturday. The butchers shop was based at upperthorpe and was a husband and wife business,the wife doing the deliveries in their little mini van,she was called June. I think their name was Adamson or Adams ,can anyone help me please?

Could have been .... J Adamson, 257 Petre Street, S4. Listed in the 1965 Kelly's directory.

Could have been .... J Adamson, 257 Petre Street, S4. Listed in the 1965 Kelly's directory.

Thankyou for that,I think you're right,as soon as you mentioned peter st,it came back to me. Don't know why I thought it was upperthorpe,but as I said ,I was only very young. I must try and find out what happend to the business and June Adamson, her and her husband were lovely people,thanks again for the info

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 13:45 ----------

Thankyou for that,I think you're right,as soon as you mentioned peter st,it came back to me. Don't know why I thought it was upperthorpe,but as I said ,I was only very young. I must try and find out what happend to the business and June Adamson, her and her husband were lovely people,thanks again for the info

Then again,wasn't peter st in upperthorpe? Lol ? Confused.com!!!

A butcher at upperthorpe I remember always had a fag hanging out of his mouth fag ash everywhere.. Mam still bought meat off him.

Health and safety would have a fit... Happy days:roll:

Denniff's around thr corner could have been in Portland street.

Had a son by the name of Steven (Donkey).

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 13:45 ----------

Then again,wasn't peter st in upperthorpe? Lol ? Confused.com!!!

You could be getting mixed up with Grimesthorpe as Petre St is in that district.

There`s a topic that`s been going on for ages so maybe someone on there could help.

You could be getting mixed up with Grimesthorpe as Petre St is in that district.

There`s a topic that`s been going on for ages so maybe someone on there could help.

I'll check that out,thankyou