Lillymans factory

Hi Penny

My late wife worked for Susan Hamilton at Nether Green Pharmacy when it was just down the road from the current pharmacy ...and she also had a hat shop on ecclsall road called Head High where my wife also wored part time .I remember Mrs Lilleyman and even took her out shopping once ..lovely lady.

We went to a staff party at Swinlgea when Stuart was High Sherriff of Sheffield we had cocktails there before going on to Hassop Hall for dinner ! very nice .I worked at the factory for a short while ..it was very antiquated ..and then they sold the Business .

John

Hi John. I worked for Stewart and Susan for ten enjoyable years, we used to stay at Swinglea dog sitting when they went away. Did you go before they had the barn transformed into a concert hall, doing classical concerts with supper the chef was Richard Smith the guy who owned Thyme Restaurant at Crosspool so the food must have been good.

Hi John. I worked for Stewart and Susan for ten enjoyable years, we used to stay at Swinglea dog sitting when they went away. Did you go before they had the barn transformed into a concert hall, doing classical concerts with supper the chef was Richard Smith the guy who owned Thyme Restaurant at Crosspool so the food must have been good.

Hi yes i did see the barn conversion ..and remember the dog very well there was a chap bring him to work every morning.

I worked in the office at T G Lilleyman & Son from 1976 to 1983. I have fond memories of all the staff and factory workers as well as Mr & Mrs Ernest Lilleyman. Once a year Mr Lilleyman would take me out into Derbyshire where I helped him re-stock a river with hundreds of young fish. I remember helping Stewart and Susan Hamilton's daughter with her driving lessons before she went for her driving test.

The factory itself was a scary place with hot metal flying around from the drop hammers in the forge, lots of very noisy machines and radio-frequency metal heaters that occasionally gave workers a nasty electric shock. A few men lost fingers in between the forge hammers. My boss, Denis Burrell, would take them to the A&E in his car. You could hear the loud "plop" from the Berrenberger press in the hen house wherever you were in the factory.

---------- Post added 18-08-2013 at 11:38 ----------

My mum worked there in the 1970s her name Doris Mcmanaman

I think I remember your Mum. She worked at the Hoyland Rd site.

---------- Post added 18-08-2013 at 11:49 ----------

My dad worked for T G Lilleyman & Son from the mid 1940s until he retired in about 1975. He was a press toolmaker and worked on the blanks for surgical forceps and scissors. Mr Ernest Lilleyman, a real gentleman, was the MD at that time (he lived at The Dutch House at Sandygate). Dad sometimes took me into the firm when I was very small. Other people who worked there were Mr Gervase/Jervis; Bill Fisher, Denis Burrell. At the time of my dad's death in 1991, the MD was Mr Ernest Lilleyman's son-in-law, Mr Stewart McK. Hamilton. Somewhere I have a snap of the workers after a presentation of fishing match prizes.

Hi. I would love to see the fishing picture!

---------- Post added 18-08-2013 at 11:49 ----------

My mum worked there in the 1970s her name Doris Mcmanaman

I think I remember your Mum. She worked at the Hoyland Rd site.

A load of my old mates worked there,Old Bill Gordon,his sons,Robert,Derek and Frank,and last ,but not least,David Bower.

i worked there from about 1978 to 1982, i remember all these names i used to go drinking with Frank. and saw Bill in the Lane Top Club

i worked there from about 1978 to 1982, i remember all these names i used to go drinking with Frank. and saw Bill in the Lane Top Club

Not Dave Sand are you?

Not sure what site she was at I know it was neepsend and she made surgical instruments.

Not Dave Sand are you?

yep Dave Sant i was a press tool setter with Roger Sellars, who are you okismoki ?

---------- Post added 01-03-2015 at 14:24 ----------

Did anyone have any history or work at Lillymans factory at neepsend ?where surgical instruments and hip joints were made?

I worked there from aprox 1978 fpr about 4 years i was a press tool setter

hi I worked there from 1987 till it got bought out n closed

Was you a drop stamper okismoki, called Pete

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 19:18 ----------

Not Dave Sand are you?

was you a drop stamper okismoki, called pete

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 19:23 ----------

Did anyone have any history or work at Lillymans factory at neepsend ?where surgical instruments and hip joints were made?

i worked there late 70s as a press tool setter, people i worked with Roger Sellers , all the Gordon clan Bill and Bob fisher, Bill white, Gordon Marriot Steve Wellings and loads more

Hi everyone,

Have any of you worked at G.Lillymans clubmale road Sheffiled 6, between the 1960s- 1970's.

My father worked as a machine operator and stamper during that time.

hi I worked there from 1987 till it got bought out n closed

Whereabouts in 'Neepsend' was this place ?

---------- Post added 17-06-2016 at 23:36 ----------

Hi Shem ...i worked there briefly much later than you ! did the Fisher father and son work there then ? and was there some arabs too ? Who was in charge then? sorry for all the questions.[/

Some 'Arabs' too ?

Im not sure.

And did anyone know any Yemenies that worked there, if so it would be great if you got back to me :)