Anyone go to Colley School in the 70's?

you presume wrong, dont get on the wrong side of me. ive done very well in life but i didnt need the brightmore bully.

Then why write such crass things...........

Here's a few of the my teachers, 73 to 79......

Jagger, Gibbs, Brightmore, Mellor, Burgin, Reed, Seymour, McNulty, Ollerenshaws, Tindell, Mason, Shaw, Greaves, Scowcroft, Stoddart, Howe, Hill, Gent, Mbele, but can anyone remember the female biology teacher, in the lab/classroom that used to stand alone, I keep thinky of Sandy, or Sanford.... Can anyone help?

Wasn't it Miss Duffy?

You may be right, it was definitely Miss, and could her first name have been Sandra?

Here's a few of the my teachers, 73 to 79......

Jagger, Gibbs, Brightmore, Mellor, Burgin, Reed, Seymour, McNulty, Ollerenshaws, Tindell, Mason, Shaw, Greaves, Scowcroft, Stoddart, Howe, Hill, Gent, Mbele, but can anyone remember the female biology teacher, in the lab/classroom that used to stand alone, I keep thinky of Sandy, or Sanford.... Can anyone help?

Yes I remember her too Miss Sandham I think!

Yes I remember her too Miss Sandham I think!

:banana: That's it, Sandham, thanks PW.... it's been doing my head in trying to think of her name..... Cheers :clap:

I went to colley from 1970 to 1974 knew lee ganley, george scaife , ray petre, roy wilson, tads, arnie palmer to name a few

I left Colley in 1982ish too long ago to remember,have some fond memories of getting a slap off Mr Gent (shoestring) and letching over Miss Kemp in my early days.

Then there was the half loaf hollowed out and filled with chips at lunchtime from Margetson shops,hot summers,jumpers for goal posts.

Mr dolby the sadistic PE teacher,later to become a local celeb after chopping down trees to get a better view of Ecclesfield church.

Mr Salt and those amazing sideburns,Mr Evans (upside down head) and who could forget Mr Umbele.

I was there about same time as you, and a few others by the look of thing's. Mr Salt was my form teacher.

Aww mrs bennett now thats a women il never forget tough cookie that one.can anyone remember the science teacher mr long ,he used to look after the animals?I remember mr Alan think he did media studies.

Yup! Mr Long the Rural Studies teacher. :) ...Still see him occasionally ;)

I remember 2 Chinchillas, 2 donkeys ("Shirley" & "Sylvie", or was it "Silver"?), rabbits & 2 sheep. Doesn't it strike you as odd that a school should have so many animals, not to mention the occasional stuffed ones? I also remember two large glass houses with interesting plants and two Salix × sepulcralis var. chrysocoma trees (Golden weeping willow) by the entrance gates. To my mind, these were the most lovely and interesting of trees (not least because, at the time, I didn't know anywhere else you could see such trees locally), although I don't suppose they can have been much older than forty years old at that time, if that. I think those trees have since gone, possibly felled by that PE teacher? :(

Edited by Native lad

I was there 81-85.Good times.

IAN HODGSON

........................ Ooops old thread LOL

I went to colley from 1970 to 1974 knew lee ganley, george scaife , ray petre, roy wilson, tads, arnie palmer to name a few

I didn't go to Colley school but I knew Lee Ganley George Scaife Gary Ibbotson Craig Hirst Dave Stuart & brother Roger & Kevin ?? surname escapes me