Did you go to High Storrs School?

We are actively looking for ex-students of High Storrs School to reconnect with them. The purpose of this is to keep Alumni up to date with news and events. We are also trying to get ex-students to come back to school to help with various projects.

Please register via our website. Click on Our School, then Alumni.

Did you go to High Storrs School? High Storrs School has recently undergone a major refurbishment with the 1930s listed building restored to its former glory.

A book is being planned to celebrate the history of High Storrs from 1933 to the present day and we are looking for contributions- photographs, stories and anecdotes etc. The book will be sold to raise funds for the school.

Would you be interested in buying a book like this? What would you like to see in it?

PM me if you want to contribute to this process.

More information can be found on the High Storrs School website if you Google "High Storrs School Sheffield". apologies I can't display the link as this is our first post.

Tony Dobson

High Storrs School

Tony: I've pmed you about this.

The fun and games we used to get up to at High Storrs Grammar School for Boys when Elvis was King and George Mack ruled the roost. Thanks to Sheffield Star for publishing the second of three excerpts from my memoir. No, it's not a novel. But, it is set in Sheffield.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/joys-and-heartaches-of-life-in-post-war-sheffield-1-7414197

I went, late 60s to mid 70s. Made some great friends from all over the city. In the days of 11plus (I was in the last grammar school year intake) you had the advantage of a genuine social mix. Posh and poor altogether and absolutely no prejudice or jealousy whatsoever. How different from today where the kids grow up and go to school with kids from their own social ghetto and never see anything that doesn't reinforce inward looking attitudes, resentment or snobbery. I was bloody lucky, looking back, and I think my friends (and their mums, dads, brothers and sisters) saved me and made me so much better than I otherwise would have been.