Surname HOBSON in sheffield

Hiya, my grandfathers dad was born and bread in sheffield and am trying to find any distant family in sheffield.

My grandads dad was called Ernest Hobson born 1901 and he a younger sister called Lucy hobson and then a yonger brother called Bernard Hobson they were all born in sheff between 1901-1910

There parents were called Ernest & Lucy Hobson

Has any one in sheff got any of the above in their family tree ????

Good afternoon,

I am connected to the Hobson family in Shefiield and am trying to locate someone to see if there are family still in Sheffield or someone who has more detaiuls of their past. I have information re their connection to their immigration to Canada in the early 1900's.

Let me know if you are out there.

Brad

I knew a family called Hobson who lived in Worrall when I was a child. As far as I know the 2 daughters still live locally (actually saw the eldest only last week) They moved to Onesacre probably 30+ yrs ago and parents and one daughter are still there I believe.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any way that you would be able to put me in contact with them? Or would they be interested in doing so? My direct email is '[email protected]'

Thank you

I have linked this thread to a friend's facebook page who is called Hobson. It's up to them what to do now.

My paternal grandmother and her sister were born Hobson around 1900/ 1901 (Myra and Nellie). Their mother was Elizabeth, born around 1871 (I don't know her husband's Christian name). I have photographs of them all including Elizabeth's mother and grandmother (I believe taken around 1850/60). I also remember my father talking about Herbert Hobson (may have been brother or cousin to Myra and Nellie), he had a greengrocers shop on Derbyshire Lane. I remember Nellie lived on Warminster Rd in the 50's when I was a nipper.

Thank you to Taxman and Handypandy for their input. Taxman, I hope that your friend contacts me as any connection is helpful. Handypandy would you like to chat offline at '[email protected]'? I would like to see those pics if you would like to share them with me and maybe come to some other connections.

I know a Hobson family but they are of Barnsley extraction.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the reply. As far as I know the Hobson's I am following and/or researching have been in the Sheffield area for many, many years. But excuse my ignorance, how far is Barnsley?

I know a Hobson family but they are of Barnsley extraction.

Interesting...... the photo I have from the mid 1800's was taken in a Barnsley studio.

I saw that. How far or where is Barnsley in comparison to Sheffield? Excuse my ignorance.

I saw that. How far or where is Barnsley in comparison to Sheffield? Excuse my ignorance.

About the same as Arbour Lake to Bottomlands Park in your neck of the woods!!!