Chip shop in pitsmoor sheff 3/4

hi all forum friends, I spent the first eleven yer in pits more ht was the very old pitsmoor I livd on haywood road opposite woodside lane at the bottom of our rod was the fowler hotel think that's what it's name was and across the road was nancy's fruit and veg shop with a co-op across the road any way gone way off of what I wanted to know was that just off burngreave road I think up a side road there was a chippie there were we often went to as they were great chips and fishcakes the one out standing think about this chippy it was called the white house does anyone remember it and is it still there after 60 years thanks

Andover street it crossed Rock st

It is now a one bedroomed dwelling mentioned elsewhere on SF.

thanks for that info guys I have been wanting o know that for years I can now rest in peace but not for many years yet :clap:

it was owned for many years by Bernard&Kath & the food was awesome.

they had a shop at the top of Andover st as well next to Maries hairdressers and Carios

hi all forum friends, I spent the first eleven yer in pits more ht was the very old pitsmoor I livd on haywood road opposite woodside lane at the bottom of our rod was the fowler hotel think that's what it's name was and across the road was nancy's fruit and veg shop with a co-op across the road any way gone way off of what I wanted to know was that just off burngreave road I think up a side road there was a chippie there were we often went to as they were great chips and fishcakes the one out standing think about this chippy it was called the white house does anyone remember it and is it still there after 60 years thanks

First of all, the 'white house chip shop' was on Andover St. And that was over the other side of the hill to Hayward Road. The nearest chip shop to the Fowler Hotel was Broomhead's, and that was located at the top of Hayward Road with Pitsmoor Road. As far as I remember myself, opposite the Fowler Hotel on the corner of little Hayward Road and Fowler Street, was a shop run by a large lady by the name of Mrs Tesh. She left there sometime in the early 40's and had a shop at the top of Hayward Road for a while but I don't remember what happened to her after that.

I was born on Catherine Street in 1954 and remember the white house chip shop. I remember the family that ran it as my mum and dad had rooms in their house. They had a daughter called Wendy, though I can't remember their surnames. I lived round the Pitsmoore area till I was 5 and did 1 term at Pye Bank School. My grandma used to live bang across the road from the school, next door to a Mr. and Mrs. Beaman who had a daughter Marylyne who had polio when she was 9 and spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair. She was the one who partitioned for 1 of the stoops to be taken away on the bottom side of the reck

I was born on Catherine Street in 1954 and remember the white house chip shop. I remember the family that ran it as my mum and dad had rooms in their house. They had a daughter called Wendy, though I can't remember their surnames...
The 1954 Kelly's Directory shows "Peter Nightingale, fried fish dealer" at 108 Andover Street, and public records show a Wendy Nightingale, born in Sheffield in 1955.

The 1954 Kelly's Directory shows "Peter Nightingale, fried fish dealer" at 108 Andover Street, and public records show a Wendy Nightingale, born in Sheffield in 1955.

Nightingale was the name. We lived with them till I was 5 when we got a prefab on Wenley Drive. My sister Margaret was born at Andover Street. Would love to know what happened to Wendy as she is the same age as me.