Woodthorpe School

started at woodthorpe infants 1952 and left in april 1962 I was in walter websters class for two years he didn't like you if you didn't like sport I went from nearly top of class to next to bottom in one year . perhaps its better I never met him when I was a bus driver I would probably have hit him round the head his favourite way of hitting boys anyone there at the same time I would love to here from you

I started at Woodthorpe Infants' in 1944 and left the juniors' in 1950 when I moved to Nether Edge Grammar. My teacher for all my time at the Junior's was Miss Edith Duncan, who later moved to take up the headship at Ellesmere Road. The head at the juniors' in my day was Mrs Batey.

Mike

Hi all im looking for peter hill I am a family member and need to get in touch with any bit of info would be appreciated thankyou x

Edited by Tom D

RE the old post by Puffin4

I have only just seen this old post biut Puffins post interests me

I note Puffin left Woodthorpe School 1950 to go to a Grammar School. That would be for the start of the September Term first year pupils

I remember a number of pupils from Woodthprpe who started at Woodhouse Grammar School September 1950 and 1951 (I started in Sept 1951 aged 11)

Just wondering if I know Puffin 

Best Wishes - Victor Marshall Hutchinson - Selangor State, Malaysia  (ex Swallownest and later in late 2006 ex Driffield)

Anyone remember Miguel Walker and his older brother Gregor Walker, also Derek Machin

Miguel and Derek would have left July 1951 ready to start at Woodhouse Grammar School beginning of  September 1951

Victor