Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

always enjoyed the Limit I saw Planet gong on either the opening night or the second one the best night I had there was watching the B52s.

They did put a single out tho...

Can anybody remember a Deaf Aids concert at Sheffield University,in one song,somebody got up on stage from the crowd and started reading a newspaper next to the singer and a fight nearly broke out..........don't know if it was a stunt or there was some deliberate bad feeling and animosity going on there.

always enjoyed the Limit I saw Planet gong on either the opening night or the second one the best night I had there was watching the B52s.

Great night, twice as many people in the Limit as the fire and safety people would have liked, that's for sure!:hihi:

Went midweek in '82 on my first visit to Sheffield. The place was half-empty, and then again on a Saturday night in '89 when I lived in the city. The Limit was one of a kind. You really had to be young to enjoy it!

I'd love to meet Tiny (Ian) again, I've not seen him for 15 or 20 years. Back in the early 80's we went all over Britain following the Stranglers, I've still got some photos, great times.

Tiny was in the Bell Jar on Friday night watching Protex Blue apparently he goes in there quite a bit

My first time at The Limit was Cabaret Voltaire, Molodoy, Deaf Aids and The Push. Summer 1978. The stage was next to the DJ booth, they moved it to the far end later. Anyone else there?

My first time at The Limit was Cabaret Voltaire, Molodoy, Deaf Aids and The Push. Summer 1978. The stage was next to the DJ booth, they moved it to the far end later. Anyone else there?

I remember the stage being there, I saw a band called "Bethnal", from Bethnal Green in London.

Molodoy started out life as Reactor, they supported Sham 69 at the polytechnic in Pond Street, with "The ?", who became Artery. I saw the Push at Sheff Uni Students Union before the singer went to Coronation Street. The Deaf Aids were called Charles Hawtrey and The Deaf Aids in those days.

I was at The Push gig at Sheffield University as well, Double Life supported and it was live on Radio Hallam.

I was at The Push gig at Sheffield University as well, Double Life supported and it was live on Radio Hallam.

Yep, they were oringinally Charles Paris and Push I think, the single was Cambridge Stomp, I still have it somewhere.

I worked there when it first opened for a couple of years behind the bar or in the cloakroom it was always a good atmos