Owls great fightback errrrrrrrm Blades

The only part of the ground ,thats perhaps "papered over the cracks" would be the exterior on Bramall lane, again no one would disagree looking a lot better.

How can you paper up the cracks on extensions to the 3 rounded corners at the Lane?? we are talking newish rebuilds!!

A new laid car park, statues and a fans memorial garden. papering over the cracks ? really?

Not really part of the ground though and the extensions are infact...an extension. My house has an extension but that doesn't upgrade it from a 60s semi :hihi:

Not really part of the ground though and the extensions are infact...an extension. My house has an extension but that doesn't upgrade it from a 60s semi :hihi:

ok so where have you seen the "papering over of the cracks"?

In todays era, a safe , clean modern enviroment with clean updated facilities, Most large companys would agree first impressions count, so nice approaches and outdoor exteriors.

IMHO.

The New york Stadium is a good example, modern, clean and a real feature in its location, litter free and well lit up even on non match days.

Uniteds Stadia is in a built up area, but John street showns a clean new brick exterior. modernised in door and out, rounded corners, good views , clean and bright.

The Hillsbrough ground while also in a built up area is on a main road, and has a massive part facing Penistone road, that back drop, is wasted a grubby rusty blue claded building, much more could be done with it , and create a welcoming feature, a mural or an electronic football based screen for example, round the back again on a main road, the leppings lane gates are littered with rubbish, the Sheffield Wednesday name lights were once a feature, now often off , or all not working, when were they last up graded? again just my opinion.

I actually agree with you, Hillsborough could do with a bit of TLC, some of my Owly colleagues try and defend the inexcusable. But the simple fact remains, if we want to properly do the ground up, we are going to have to spend millions of pounds and all of my Owly colleagues know that this is simply too much at the moment, maybe if we get promoted next year.

In the meantime Hillsborough still has a much higher capacity than the Lane, and for good reason ;)

I actually agree with you, Hillsborough could do with a bit of TLC, some of my Owly colleagues try and defend the inexcusable. But the simple fact remains, if we want to properly do the ground up, we are going to have to spend millions of pounds and all of my Owly colleagues know that this is simply too much at the moment, maybe if we get promoted next year.

In the meantime Hillsborough still has a much higher capacity than the Lane, and for good reason ;)

Yes , i agree too, you have far too many empty seats :) One introduction that is available to the Owls is a buy one get one free ticket policy, perhaps the extra bar revenue could go to the ground budget. just a thought :)

Why are they so obsessed with our ground:confused:

The only part of the ground ,thats perhaps "papered over the cracks" would be the exterior on Bramall lane, again no one would disagree looking a lot better.

How can you paper up the cracks on extensions to the 3 rounded corners at the Lane?? we are talking newish rebuilds!!

A new laid car park, statues and a fans memorial garden. papering over the cracks ? really?

You can polish a turd but it's still a "TURD" :|

But you dont even polish, dont be so hard on Hillsbrough:hihi:

Difference is we can afford to polish ours , you cant ;)

Speaking of TURDS, Im sure there were real ones on your pitch during the floods :hihi::hihi:

Really? What reason would that be then? When was the last time that Wednesday needed the extra capacity on a regular basis?

Since Wednesday last averaged 30,000 over a full season United have done it twice.

Which is rather strange isn't it? Considering that a higher capacity makes it easier to return a higher average, given that the genuinely big teams will attract a full house.

Hillsborough needs huge money spending on it, and to do that at the same time as building the team may be what is causing the delay in Mandric finding a buyer.

overall we still average 22.000 and over so not bad for a old stadium

sure its not as high over at s2

I don't disagree with anyone that says that Hillsborough is in need of some improvements.

But anyone arguing the lane is better is just soft.

Stand for stand:

Kops - very similar in style and substance. Both old style and basic. Both need modernising. But ours is much bigger.

Away ends - an embarrassment to both clubs.

Hillsborough North Stand, lane South stand - both outdated. Both need significant upgrade. Ours is much bigger.

Hillsborough South stand and lane John Street stand - both modern, ours is huge compared to yours and is far superior.

They both need significant improvement. Putting cladding on top of your rust does not cut it.

Enough said.

I don't disagree with anyone that says that Hillsborough is in need of some improvements.

But anyone arguing the lane is better is just soft.

Stand for stand:

Kops - very similar in style and substance. Both old style and basic. Both need modernising. But ours is much bigger.

BIGGER BUT NOT BETTER AND YOU NEED THE BAND TO MAKE NOISE

Away ends - an embarrassment to both clubs. YOUR AWAY END IS HORRENDOUS, OURS IS FROM THE OUTSIDE BUT, MUCH NICER ON THE INSIDE, YOU EVEN BEEN INSIDE JESSICA ENNIS ;)

Hillsborough North Stand, lane South stand - both outdated. Both need significant upgrade. Ours is much bigger. AGAIN BIGGER BUT NOT BETTER

Hillsborough South stand and lane John Street stand - both modern, ours is huge compared to yours and is far superior.SORRY JUST ABOUT SPIT MY COFFEE OUT , YOUR SOUTH STAND IS MORE MODERN AND FAR SUPERIOR THAN THE JOHN STREET STAND GET TO THE NEAREST SPECSAVERS PAL AND PRONTO

They both need significant improvement. Putting cladding on top of your rust does not cut it.

SHOULD TRY PUTTING SOME PAINT ON TOP OF YOUR RUST MATE

Enough said.

http://footballgroundguide.com/sheffield_united/#The%20Capital%20One%20Stand%20&%20Hallam%20FM%20Kop

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sheffield_wednesday/

Judge for yourselves

Edited by canadablade