Quentin Tarantino Films..

I love QT's films, mostly very adult in content but every frame looks like effort has gone into it, what order would you put his films in in terms of your favourites, mine would be:

Kill Bill (1&2)

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Django Unchained

Inglorious Basterds

Jackie Brown

Death Proof

Ask me again tomorrow and the order could have changed. :)

I watched kill bill 1 and 2 the other week and they are still fantastic. I remember pulp fiction being great but I haven't watched it in so long I can't say if it's dated well or not. Django unchained was great too. Need to watch inglorious again, to refresh my memory. Sometimes his films can be a tad self indulgent, other times the story a bit iffy (reservoir dogs in hindsight) but the way he approaches his work in terms of cinematography etc is quite brilliant.

I love his films but his appearance in them is absolutely cringe worthy :gag:

I think his Grindhouse stuff is brilliant, With death proof being the favorite.

No point me making a list though, it would change by the hour!

I love his films but his appearance in them is absolutely cringe worthy :gag:

His appearance in Pulp Fiction springs to mind.

Great film. Great actors, rubbish cameo lol.

Jackie Brown is my favourite, but the first scene in Inglorious Basterds is my favourite scene. He is undoubtedly a fantastic director, who can direct scenes as good as anyone, but I feel that his movies are sometimes a little bloated and self-indulgent and he's too powerful for the studios to say to him that he needs to edit his movies a bit tighter.

As I said though, some of the scenes he's directed are some of my favourite movie moments that I can watch over and over again.

Jackie Brown is my favourite, but the first scene in Inglorious Basterds is my favourite scene. He is undoubtedly a fantastic director, who can direct scenes as good as anyone, but I feel that his movies are sometimes a little bloated and self-indulgent and he's too powerful for the studios to say to him that he needs to edit his movies a bit tighter.

As I said though, some of the scenes he's directed are some of my favourite movie moments that I can watch over and over again.

Even though Jackie Brown was low on my list its still a fantastic film, I love how all the plot strands come together at the end.

The problem I had with Death Proof was that although you know QT's films are gonna have plenty of dialogue some of the talky scenes in this seem to go on forever, I am planning to watch it again though as I've not seen it for years.

Kill Bill (1&2)

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

Django Unchained

Inglorious Basterds

Jackie Brown

Death Proof

I loved his early work a lot more than his later work, it is beginning to feel a bit like a production line to me. I haven't even seen Django and Death Proof yet, ten years ago I would have made every effort to though.

For me it is:

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Jackie Brown

From Dusk till Dawn (responsible for screenplay which is epic)

Inglorious ********

Natural Born Killers (responsible for story)

Kill Bill 2

Kill Bill 1

With Reservoir Dogs having the best sound-track and best acting and Pulp Fiction having the best screenplay and story.

Jackie Brown, I was really upset with when it first came out, I thought: What the hell is this nonsense! Now that I have seen it three or four times I keep finding new layers to it and it is a lot better than I understood when it first came out. Maybe the same will happen with the later work.

Kill Bill to me was way over the top in silliness (KB3 has been announced btw) and he has written a few episodes in a new series called From Dusk Till Dawn, so I might try and get my hands on them somehow :suspect:

Edit: Although he is the king of long dialogue, best ever long dialogue has to be between De Niro and Pacino in Heat. That was a whole different planet, all shot in one go and with wonderful lines - two of the greatest actors alive I reckon.

Edited by tzijlstra

i love tarantino films, have done since pulp fiction came out, i have reservoir dogs on dvd (as i collect em all on dvd) but i cant get into it at all, nothing really happens lol bar lots of dialogue

I also love the tarantino related films like natural born killers, from dusk till dawn and killing zoe too, awesome films

probably my list would be

Pulp Fiction

Jackie brown

Django unchained

Killbill 1

Killbill 2 (gotta have em in order really lol)

inglorious ********

tbh im not reyt into death proof either, its ok but abit meh, much prefer rodriguezs planet terror instead

I think that's fair comment. If you want to see a really good example watch (if you can find it!) the CSI episode he directed against a run of the mill one. Very interesting and highlights the stuff he does (and what producers put up with) and the mundane.

I liked Reservoir Dogs at the time but I think he best film is Jackie Brown, probably because of Elmore Leonard's book and the performances of Robert Forster and Pam Grier.

The guy is a serious hack and a pain in the ass who takes himself far too seriously. His interviews around the time of Django Unchained were cringeworthy.