Autoways 1931 Ltd.

I think an old boyfriend worked there - John Shutt - he lives down in Devon now I believe

Hello Keith, that sounds really good but I now live in Sheffield and I rarley see anyone now.

The last I saw of Dave Hague was at Kennings, Barker Lane, that must have been nearly 20 years ago.

---------- Post added 31-03-2014 at 14:55 ----------

Sorry Keith, my brain has stopped working, I now live in Chesterfield.

I am trying to locate anyone who was employed at the above between 1950 and 1983, we are to hold a reunion on 6th June at The Old Queens head on Pond Hill (Pond St) from 7.30 if you worked there or know someone that did please get them to come along

keith davis

Just as a matter of interest Keith, did anyone turn up?

It would be great to see old mates.

Roger

Mark Cadett, Graham Sampson and Andrew Beecroft were all young lads there, and a young lad called Sherwin. Colin Tunnicliffe with a teddy boy/brylcream hairstyle, the bloke with the brown jacket and tie in the office (Burdett?), Dick Smith, Charlie, Dave something or other, can't remember if all the names above are correct, my mate worked next door at Kennings

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 19:15 ----------

Up to moving here I was in contact with ian Shaw who was there same time as me and was auto electrician and last I heard he was working with someone called Chris, cant remember his last name - might be Harrison, he worked there at around the same time and he has a unit somewhere near Bickerton Skoda garage.

Ian knew my Auntie's family, he was a good lad.

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 19:50 ----------

Steve Dean, that was another name, and one lad joined the AA because a few years ago he turned up fixing a car near me. His name will come back to me, could have been Nigel something or other

---------- Post added 03-09-2014 at 19:51 ----------

it was Dick Steele, I think, not Dick Smith, this was 1978 so memory not great

I am trying to locate anyone who was employed at the above between 1950 and 1983, we are to hold a reunion on 6th June at The Old Queens head on Pond Hill (Pond St) from 7.30 if you worked there or know someone that did please get them to come along

keith davis

Hi Keith, I was wondering if you or any of your former colleagues have any photos of the Autoways building on Brown St/Shoreham Street as it was when you worked there? We are working on a project to refurbish the building, and would love to see how it was back then. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Richard

keith davis

Hello Keith, did you organise the reunion?

I would really like to come to one.

Have you heard anything of Dave Hague?

I saw Eric Pierce on a bus mid nineties, last time I saw Dave Hague he was working at Kennings, Barker Lane, I lots of laughs when I worked there, especially the lads in the football team.

Hi keithgas1 yes sticks is geoff holland. only just seen the post. It will be easier if I give you my e-mail address. [email protected] then tell me your full name. there were 2 keiths when I was there.

Hi there, my name is Roger Billam, I worked for Autoways for a while, I also played for the football team. Does anyone know what happened to Rodney Morrell or David Hague or any of my former team mates?

A bit late on this and just a question about a hopefully well-known Autoways customer and his vehicles rather than me being a previous employee...

This link is to some pictures and info about the main vehicles of interest to me:

http://maximummini.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/radfords-crazy-carabus.html?m=1

I have recently found out that the coach/ caravan/ transporter and the Minis were supplied to a Philip Lee in 1965 through Autoways. He must have been seriously rich and [partly disabled] to have had that built, especially so as his 'Mark 1' had only been supplied to him the previous year! That was registered BWJ 999B and based on a Ford Thames coach chassis with a Duple body and was also supplied through Autoways.

Do any of you recall Mr Lee or know anything else about him and his vehicles? Was he a director of Autoways or just some very well-connected local?

Thanks.

A bit late on this and just a question about a hopefully well-known Autoways customer and his vehicles rather than me being a previous employee...

This link is to some pictures and info about the main vehicles of interest to me:

http://maximummini.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/radfords-crazy-carabus.html?m=1

I have recently found out that the coach/ caravan/ transporter and the Minis were supplied to a Philip Lee in 1965 through Autoways. He must have been seriously rich and [partly disabled] to have had that built, especially so as his 'Mark 1' had only been supplied to him the previous year! That was registered BWJ 999B and based on a Ford Thames coach chassis with a Duple body and was also supplied through Autoways.

Do any of you recall Mr Lee or know anything else about him and his vehicles? Was he a director of Autoways or just some very well-connected local?

Thanks.

I'm wondering if the Philip Lee that you mentioned is the son of Arthur Lee, he/they had the company at Wincobank? it rings a bit of a bell with me and the reason for my reply. If so, I could add a little more info. fleetwood

---------- Post added 06-02-2018 at 15:54 ----------

I would just like to add Arthur Lee & Sons the company, one of the sons was named Philip and they were rich. fleetwood