Transfer deadline shenanigans.

Here we are at the end of another transfer window. The pressure is on for teams to strengthen their squad. For many, transfer targets have come and gone and the fans are desperate for a star player to hang their hopes on.

Some times transfer day deadline transfers work out, but many times the desperation to get any deal done seems to overcome any common sense that may remain in the game. Lke Andy Carroll to Liverpool.

So big story so far is Man Utd.

They've been struggling, trying to find a formation where they can fit Rooney, van Persie, and Matta into their team. Their squad is very light on defenders, and it's questionable whether they actually have any world class defenders. Their midfield is also weak defensively.

The addition of Di Maria hasn't solved this problem, if anything it makes it worse, because it's another luxury player that the manager has to try to shoe horn in the formation.

Back to the transfer window. It is thought that Man Utd would attempt to solve their unbalanced squad during this window, but with deadline day upon us they've left it late.

Which make the breaking news astonishing.

They going to sign another high profile striker - Falcao. With Rooney on £300k a week they'll struggle to move him on, so I can only conclude that van Persie is moving, back to Arsenal maybe?

It'll be interesting to see how this day pans out.

Maybe LVG will play Van Persie, Rooney, Falcao, Di Maria, Matta and Welbeck all at the same time, albeit in some sort of weird 1-2-1-1-3-2-1 formation where Rooney doubles as sweeper, RVP helps out the centre half and Falcao goes in goal for the second half.

A favourite time for Levy at Spurs- let's hope he gets some good business in before 11pm.

I see Micah Richards is on his way to Fiorentina- don't know why some of these black players opt for Italy- given they have some history of being racist.

It's the daftest signing since deMaria, which was daftest signing since mata, which was the daftest signing since fellani.

I have genuinely not one iota of a clue about what is going on at United. These just do not seem like Van Gaal signings to me. I reckon he hates Mata because he doesn't work enough, so I can see him being shipped out. But for Di Maria? Is he going to work more? I have to admit, I don't know Di Maria all that well despite seeing him at the WC, and what I saw there was a player struggling to perform.

I have however got a theory. Van Gaal knew he didn't have the right players for his favoured system so he went with the 3-5-2 he tried with the Dutch. I suspect he is going to play as follows, presuming all are fit:

De Gea

Shaw, Rojo, Jones, ? (Varela?)

Blind, Fletcher

Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie (switching positions)

Van Persie (switching positions with other three)

Van Gaal loves his forwards to be dynamic and drifting and Falcao, if I am not mistaken, is happy enough on the wings.

I have genuinely not one iota of a clue about what is going on at United. These just do not seem like Van Gaal signings to me. I reckon he hates Mata because he doesn't work enough, so I can see him being shipped out. But for Di Maria? Is he going to work more? I have to admit, I don't know Di Maria all that well despite seeing him at the WC, and what I saw there was a player struggling to perform.

I have however got a theory. Van Gaal knew he didn't have the right players for his favoured system so he went with the 3-5-2 he tried with the Dutch. I suspect he is going to play as follows, presuming all are fit:

De Gea

Shaw, Rojo, Jones, ? (Varela?)

Blind, Fletcher

Falcao, Rooney, Van Persie (switching positions)

Van Persie (switching positions with other three)

Van Gaal loves his forwards to be dynamic and drifting and Falcao, if I am not mistaken, is happy enough on the wings.

Falcao is a goalscorer, who's at his most effective through the centre. Your team hasn't got De Maria, Mata or Herrera, £130 million worth of recent signings in it. On there other hand it only has 10 players!

Falcao is a goalscorer, who's at his most effective through the centre. Your team hasn't got De Maria, Mata or Herrera, £130 million worth of recent signings in it. On there other hand it only has 10 players!

£346,000 a week. What a mad, mad, mad, mad world we live in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11068678/Radamel-Falcao-to-earn-346000-per-week-as-Manchester-United-pay-24-million-for-season-long-loan.html

It looks like Danny Welbeck is going to Arsenal for £16 million. This might be a good deal for England if Arsène Wenger can improve is finishing.

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 21:28 ----------

Utter madness.

It looks like Danny Welbeck is going to Arsenal for £16 million. This might be a good deal for England if Arsène Wenger can improve is finishing.

---------- Post added 01-09-2014 at 21:28 ----------

Utter madness.

He must be a better footballer than he was a singer. Rock Me Amadeus was a load of crap.