Where should I rent in Sheffield?

Hi,

I'm new to Sheffield - recently moved here for work.

I'm currently looking to rent a one or two bedroom flat, but being new to the area I'm unsure of which areas I should be avoiding.

Ideally I would like something quite central, but not at the expense of worrying about having the car broken into or being mugged etc :)

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Many Thanks in advance.

Wybourn, quieter than Gleadless, friendlier than Dore.

welcome to steel citynubile - apart from 1 or 2 beds, what else is important? are you a 20 odd year old wanting to party , or an older person wanting p n q for instance

Crookes/Walkley is nice.

You could have rented our flat up on Bole Hill Close but we've got a tenant already...just!

Wybourn, quieter than Gleadless, friendlier than Dore.

yeah its that friendlier your neighbours will pop in to visit when you are in bed or out of the house ..

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

From what I have learnt over the past couple of days, St pauls City lofts seems to be quite popular and in a relatively nice area (for a city centre)..

The prices do seem to be considerable higher than the neighbouring alternatives though.

Does anyone know or live in this area?

Thanks

Avoid the Manor estate with a vengeance, it's rough and full of chavs.

Stannington's OK, a few chavs on the estates but it's mostly populated by pensioners.

I'm originally from lower Walkley, and I'd recommend the area apart from it being very hilly, and a fair walk from the shops/bus stops etc.

I would have thought City Lofts were very pricey, as they're bang in the centre and brand new. There are plenty of other city centre apartments which I would think would be a lot better value.

Your best bet is to ring a couple of estate agents I'd have thought.

Avoid the Manor estate with a vengeance, it's rough and full of chavs.

Stannington's OK, a few chavs on the estates but it's mostly populated by pensioners.

I'm originally from lower Walkley, and I'd recommend the area apart from it being very hilly, and a fair walk from the shops/bus stops etc.

Ill pass that on to the people i know who live there.

Im sure theyll be chuffed to bits with your opinion of the area they live in and you dont.

I would have thought City Lofts were very pricey, as they're bang in the centre and brand new. There are plenty of other city centre apartments which I would think would be a lot better value.

Your best bet is to ring a couple of estate agents I'd have thought.

Yes they are and I'd rather pay less if possible. I just don't know where to look.. I have decided on a city centre location though :)

I've heard that a lot of these apartments have a high student population, wheras I don't think City Lofts has?