Langdon street move

Hi,

I'm looking to move to the Hallam area of Sheffield and have seen a property in Langdon Street. Anyone know of the area and how good it is to get into the city centre please? Any advice on the area greatly appreciated.:) Have looked at Google maps and I think it advises a walk along Cemetary Road. What is this route like?

Edited by miketromv
New thought

I have worked in this neighbourhood recently and found it ok. Quite a few professionals live in the area and the shops at Highfield are not far away.

It's about 10 minutes walk to the town centre. Very easy. Don't know whether you have a car but it is all resident's parking on there now - 8:00am - 18:30pm.

There is a bus that goes to/from the city centre along Washington Road.

Hi,

I'm looking to move to the Hallam area of Sheffield and have seen a property in Langdon Street. Anyone know of the area and how good it is to get into the city centre please? Any advice on the area greatly appreciated.:) Have looked at Google maps and I think it advises a walk along Cemetary Road. What is this route like?

My Aunt lived at the Sharrow Lane end..and I spent much time there/..The No. 22 bus travels every few minutes along 'Washington road' /which is also the best route to walk to the City ./.The area is fair enough.. as always..it depends on the attitude of your neighbours..Nearby 'London road' has every style of take away you can imagine...and a sprinkling of shops..with a Sainsbury's...oh ! yes ! a library and dentists !/and 'Jaspers'..post office too..!

Edited by oscar 215

Hi,

I've just moved out of Fentonville Street which butts on to Langdon Street. I found it very convenient for town and all the places I wanted to get to, BUT I had a lot of bother while I lived there. There are a couple of smack houses on Langdon Street / Croydon Street and there are often undesirables around there. I was burgled once and had the police round a few more times. I also had a crazy neighbour who made my life a misery.

I do know quite a few lovely people round there too, so I suppose it depends where you end up, and who you end up living next door to.

Pros and cons. Osman supermarket is just down the road, which I miss terribly!

Many thanks for your advice to all those who posted.

Hi,

Are you buying or renting? In the latter case, take care re length of lease.

Many houses there are held on leases with only quite short term unexpired.

If that's so, the Cecil Settled Estates (Mr. M. R. Cecil) will charge a substantial price for the freehold reversion.