Any good buy to let mortgages about

hi im looking for a buy to let mortgage on a house im buying its £145k and i have a 40k deposit trouble is most are coming back with stupid set up fees just wondered if anyone could recommend any good products cheers

The general Loan-to-Value rate at the moment is 65/35 but there are better. I believe that HSBC are doing 70/30 but that doesn't sound good enough for what you need. A financial adviser may be able to get you a better rate.

You would need to get a good mortgage broker that deals with BTL mortgages. There's a regular one doing a mortgage update every month on Sheffield Property Investors Network meeting, I'm sure there are others in Sheffield.

Regarding setup fees it is a fact that BTL mortgages have quite expensive fees. You have 27% deposit, that is good enough, there are a lot of 75% LTV BTL mortgages. The cheapest are usually (not always) BM (Lloyds group) and TMW (Nationwide). Natwest are sometimes worth a look. And then various building societies actually have some good products. My last BTL was with Nottingham BS, they have good LTV even for new builds.

Hope this helps, I am not a mortgage broker though so the above does not constitute advise, just my own experience.

Edited by ismangil
Typo

Ive just bought a property on a BTL basis through Birmingham Midshires. Deposit is 25%.

PM me if you want details of the broker I used. I found him very friendly and helpful.