How does this site look?

Using a desktop browser to large TV display:

Agreed with comments regarding brightness of green (makes it difficult to read) and how your description of services is too low down on the opening page.

Also, my own personal comments:

- I like the bullet pointed list of services on the right hand side. Could you change it to from "Cat5e Cat6" to "Cat5e/Cat6"? It's pedantic, sorry. Also, not sure if the bit below that is another bullet point, or connected to that bullet point.

- For the description on the left hand side, it is difficult to read because of the colour, but also because of the number of capitalised words. Could you remove some? e.g. Personal Home Telephone Line Repair Services. I know it is an important statement but you could make it without capitalizing every word (not sure if capitalizing is the right word, but hopefully You Get What I Mean)

- Maybe in time, you could have a slideshow instead of that one fixed image of the OpenReach boxes? I don't know if this is easy to do or anything, but might be a good opportunity to show visitors who "you"/ WalkerTelecoms really is i.e. some pics of work being done, you with happy customer/in a variety of jobs/ company van etc.

- Also, "LOCAL TELEPHONE LINE ENGINEER" at the start of your description of services isn't consistently bolded. Looking at it again, perhaps you could make this a separate title that would appear just below your email address. This would appear on the opening page and could perhaps be designed to encourage people to scroll down to see the bullet pointed list and paragraph.

- "No matter what your needs WalkerTelecoms provides the complete solution." - I think there should be a comma after "needs". Also, should it say "No matter what your needs, WalkerTelecoms provide complete solutions" or "No matter what your need, WalkerTelecoms provide the complete solution" or "No matter what your needs, WalkerTelecoms provides the complete solution".

Hope that is constructive for you!

Edited by Eddie_shef
Trying to make it better.

Some good points there Eddie, but web animations aren't an effective solution, weather an animated GIF or Shockwave file, they're just too big and not all droid versions are happy with SW. A lot of my customers hit my site with speed issues, sometimes below 0.2mb so any sized picture swap or animation file cripples the site for them.

Thanks again for the input Eddie.

I prefer the new site too, but agree with the others.

- Green diagonals are distracting

- Text too close the edge of colour block on both desktop and iPhone

- Font is a strange choice, have you taken a look at guidance for people with dyslexia when it comes to the choice of font? https://bdatech.org/what-technology/typefaces-for-dyslexia/

- I think having your contact details right at the top is the correct thing. It's fairly obvious what a telecoms engineer does, so if people are visiting your site it's probably to contact you so having this info available easier is the right way to go in my opinion.

Also, you've got a typo on the old one - BT Infinity - you are missing an 'i'.

Edited by sgtkate

I prefer the old site too, but I can see the new one being better for mobiles.

Also, you've got a typo on the new one - BT Infinity - you are missing an 'i'.

Thanks sgtkate, the type is on the front page of the old one. Pretty good 6 years and no-one has noticed that.

Thanks sgtkate, the type is on the front page of the old one. Pretty good 6 years and no-one has noticed that.

Now you've managed to grab my completely wrong post :) I got your sites around the wrong way thinking the old was new...ho ho ho. Silly me, so please now read my comment with them the right way around :) Sorry about that. :help:

Free advice here...

The old site is too dark and depressing.

The new site is much better, but you have to scroll down a lot to see what you offer.

Bear in mind that most folks will spend a few seconds looking at your site before reading on further - so you need to really hit them and get their interest with what you do above and beyond your competitors.

What's your unique selling point? Have you ever thought about that?

If so, it should scream out from the first viewing of the page.

It doesn't presently.

Could you say - in 3 bullet points - what make you really special and a cut above the rest?

This is important. People won't scroll down to read all the stuff you've got on there I'm afraid.

I'm not detracting from some other good comments on this thread but before you concern yourself about colours, and fonts, and all that kind of malarkey, ask yourself, does it scream out what I'm best at? If it doesn't then you need to re-think the whole thing.