Is/Was Adkins that good

Just looking at the players that Adkins had at his disposal at Southampton I think it was more a case of good players rather than good manager.

Fonte

Clyne

Oxlade Chamberlain

Hammond

Schniederling

Lambert

Llalana

Shaw

Chambers

Is it possible that he will not get the same results with the squad at S2

He should be good enough to get us out of L1 but let's give him a season at least before we start these threads.

He should be good enough to get us out of L1 but let's give him a season at least before we start these threads.

HAHAHA Wind yer neck in Byeo , Its an owl starting another thread about us .. They cant help themselves , Its all about DEM BLADES pal even after they get a good result

I once listened to an interview with Adkins, he is in great demand for his ability to restructure a club internally, balance the books, work the backroom teams and devise tactical strategies, especially as a freelance adviser to many big clubs.

Whether that converts as a manager i would say is a little hit and miss but i have to admit i was extremely impressed with him and his management style.

I wish him well - just not whilst managing the Blades.

Just looking at the players that Adkins had at his disposal at Southampton I think it was more a case of good players rather than good manager.

Fonte

Clyne

Oxlade Chamberlain

Hammond

Schniederling

Lambert

Llalana

Shaw

Chambers

Is it possible that he will not get the same results with the squad at S2

So Adkins' achievements are that he got a team struggling to find their feet again, promoted from league one and then the Championship.

Let's dissect this and can you please answer my questions and it will show your question to be null and void.

Please can you inform me how many League 1 and Championship games Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw, Clyne and Chambers have played between them under Adkins? You can have a combined answer for all 3, or separate each one,

Furthermore, Rickie Lambert before he joined Southampton had never played above league one. Hardly a forward that teams were clamouring over or a player that is a patch on what he is now.

Llalana and Schneiderlin flourished under Adkins and their careers could have took a different direction had he not come in,

Fonte and Hammond for league one were luxury players and he was lucky to have them,

So Adkins' achievements are that he got a team struggling to find their feet again, promoted from league one and then the Championship.

Let's dissect this and can you please answer my questions and it will show your question to be null and void.

Please can you inform me how many League 1 and Championship games Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw, Clyne and Chambers have played between them under Adkins? You can have a combined answer for all 3, or separate each one,

Furthermore, Rickie Lambert before he joined Southampton had never played above league one. Hardly a forward that teams were clamouring over or a player that is a patch on what he is now.

Llalana and Schneiderlin flourished under Adkins and their careers could have took a different direction had he not come in,

Fonte and Hammond for league one were luxury players and he was lucky to have them,

adkins inherited a decent side at saints. he took over from pardew who left under a bit of a cloud as there were so many rumours flying about at the time

The ifs and buts about the merits of Adkins are irrelevant whilst you have McCabe at the helm, that man would get Barcelona into League 2.

The ifs and buts about the merits of Adkins are irrelevant whilst you have McCabe at the helm, that man would get Barcelona into League 2.

And yet so far he hasn't managed to get the Blades there

And yet so far he hasn't managed to get the Blades there

Not yet but there's time :hihi:

Not yet but there's time :hihi:

And still time for CTC to get you lot relegated unless he gets sacked for the 15th time on the trot ;)

And still time for CTC to get you lot relegated unless he gets sacked for the 15th time on the trot ;)

For the 1st time on the trot, as you are aware, he didn't get the sack from his last job ;)

For the 1st time on the trot, as you are aware, he didn't get the sack from his last job ;)

He won,t let truth get in the way,still waiting to read about the young lad at toon who got hit with a bottle but seen nowt yet.