CAMRA Response to "complaint"

I understand that the current Chair of Sheffield branch received a written complaint after an incident in a Sheffield pub. This had nothing to do with the quality of beer or indeed choice of beer. As a witness to the "incident" I clearly have my opinion. Question is, how far does CAMRA go to clarify the incident and follow up the request within the complaint in an independently run establishment?

I've got nothing to do with CAMRA - and without knowing the details - but surely its only CAMRA's business in as much as any pub of the month/year type stuff (i.e. not much).

I'd have though the proper channels would be the landlord or manager/area manager - or licensing/Police if it was serious enough

Thanks Jake. So hopefully that will be your last post on this thread.

I don't think that it has anything to do with CAMRA. The Campaign for Real Ale is there to encourage real ale and cider consumption, not to police behaviour in public houses.

So hopefully that will be your last post on this thread.

A more specific CAMRA/Real Ale forum may be more appropriate if you don't fancy randoms throwing their tuppence-worth in

Without knowing details of the `incident`, I don`t know how anyone could helpfully and accurately reply.

This is an absolute disgrace. There should be a law against this sort of thing. Careful now!

Can't see what ANY type of incident in a pub has to do with CAMRA, More details would help, all a little vague

I fail to see what CAMRA could be expected to do about an 'incident' in a pub unless the incident either involved a CAMRA official, acting in their capacity as such, acting inappropriately (members can be ejected for bringing the campaign into disrepute), or the pub was acting contrary to the law (in which case licensing and/or the police more appropriate) or CAMRA policies (e.g. passing off keg beer as cask). In the latter case there's not a great deal CAMRA could do immediately anyway, about the harshest sanction would be exclusion from the next good beer guide.

CAMRA certainly have no jurisdiction, means, nor desire to do anything about the actions of customers

I want to know CAMRA`s stance on the tree felling debacle. And the pot holes on Archer Road.