Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

But you do keep saying that's it's ok for someone to be gay because it's not their choice, as if it is was their choice then it wouldn't be ok. Does that make sense? It's probably not how you feel, but it's so often how the argument goes, that's it's only ok to be gay because it's not a choice. And I have never understood that.

I think youre attacking how the argument could go rather Andy1976 or my view.

I think youre attacking how the argument could go rather Andy1976 or my view.

Perhaps, and it probably is semantics. Either way I didn't think either you or Andy were being anti-gay, perhaps my point just didn't come across right.

Final try to explain:

- Man prefers blondes to brunettes - no one cares or asks is it genetics that he does or is it actually a choice. No one says 'it's not his fault, no-one would choose blondes if they had a choice'.

- Man prefers men to women - everyone seems to care and suddenly it's about genetics, not a simple choice. People start saying 'it's not his fault, no-one would choose to be gay'.

Why the difference?

I once dated a bisexual back in my late teens, t'was weird if i'm totally honest.. Lovely bloke, salt of the earth, heart of gold and all that but it just didnt sit right with me and we called it a day not long after..

Still friends with him, he's now happily married to a man! :)

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 15:48 ----------

Hell yes. But I would insist she unselfishly 'shares' her companion['s[. Who hasn't dreamt of 3 in a bed. Away with the inhibitions. superb:thumbsup: :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Would you be saying 'Hell Yes' if it was your GF/Wife asking for a threesome with you and another man :hihi::love:

It's not normal to be bisexual, otherwise the Original Poster, would not have started this thread.

You're confusing "most common" with "normal".

Bisexuality is less common than hetrosexuality, but it's still normal.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 17:03 ----------

Hell yes. But I would insist she unselfishly 'shares' her companion['s[. Who hasn't dreamt of 3 in a bed. Away with the inhibitions. superb:thumbsup: :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Have you confused bisexuality with polyamory or something?

You can be bisexual and monogamous, so there's nothing to share except the normal two way thing.

Thank you for the history lesson redfox, which was unnecessary. I remember at the time Roy Jenkins describing homosexuality as a disability.

America still have the death penalty and homosexuality is still not legal, according to some American states statute books. I don't think America is a bad country.

Roy Jenkins was the Home Secretary a long time ago - he did decriminalise homosexuality though, so credit to him for that.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 17:15 ----------

Yes, some cultures consider being gay is illegal. There are over 70 countries, where being gay is a criminal act, so it is not like saying being criminal is being stupid.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 09:25 ----------

Dating someone with green eyes or a left hander is not really the same as dating a bisexual. You are comparing apples with oranges.

No it's not the same, but each are statistically not the norm. I don't ascribe a moral to either green eyes, left handedness or bisexuality. But it sounds like you do ascribe a moral to bisexuality. So perhaps, for the sake of the discussion, you might explain why?

Y

Dating someone with green eyes or a left hander is not really the same as dating a bisexual. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Not really. You wanted to define "not normal" as belonging to a minority group.

Red hair and green eyes are minority physical traits. Are they not normal?

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 17:21 ----------

Just because a country has a law, which you don't agree with, does not make that country stupid or moronic and are not the words of a tolerant person.

It is legitimate to consider some countries to be barbaric because of their laws though.

These includes laws against freedom of religion, freedom of sexuality and laws that repress particular groups (like not allowing women out in public without male family members with them).

These laws are barbaric as are the countries that pass them. Stupid or moronic isn't strong enough IMO.

Thank you for the history lesson redfox, which was unnecessary. I remember at the time Roy Jenkins describing homosexuality as a disability.

America still have the death penalty and homosexuality is still not legal, according to some American states statute books. I don't think America is a bad country.

I think that you do need many lessons and all the help you can get old son. I am sure you were by good old Roy's side cheering him on.

You still have yet to answer my questions which with you speaks volumes.

Roy Jenkins was the Home Secretary a long time ago - he did decriminalise homosexuality though, so credit to him for that.

That will be the bisexual former Home Secretary, who played a big part in legalising homosexuality in the UK, who you are giving credit to.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 18:10 ----------

I think that you do need many lessons and all the help you can get old son. I am sure you were by good old Roy's side cheering him on.

You still have yet to answer my questions which with you speaks volumes.

You're still not the brightest colour in the rainbow, redfox :)

That will be the bisexual former Home Secretary, who played a big part in legalising homosexuality in the UK, who you are giving credit to.

Still no answer Gamston ?

Why can't you/won't you answer the questions Gamston?

Your sly dig does you no credit Gamston.

I didn't know Roy Jenkins was bisexual.

Still decriminalising homosexuality was the right thing to do, even though, apparently many in the gutter press were opposed to him. I can't remember who said it, but they defined him as a signpost rather than a weathervane: that is, he steered the public in the right direction, irrespective of whichever way the wind blows. He also liberalised divorce laws, and gave support to the Steel Abortion Bill.

Good for him.

If you've got a problem with people's orientations being gay or bisexual why don't you say why? Why are you being coy?

It's normal for a man to have a relationship with a woman.

It's also normal for a man to have a relationship with a man, happens a lot. Not usual, but normal.

It's also normal for a man to have a relationship with a man, happens a lot. Not usual, but normal.

Isn't normal a synonym for usual?