Christmas Party Nights

Well everybody will have now had their works party, what are your experiences of food, music and venue. Went to Tankersley Manor and the food was very poor, disco was an old man that didn't really know what to play, we are already thinking of next year but would like any recommendations

Joined after yrs of lurking just to reply to this.

Nobody does mass catering like Baldwins. We seem to alternate - Baldwins - elsewhere - Baldwins etc at Xmas but usually end up going for some reason couple of times a year.

We have tried Sitwell / Hilton / Moathouse / Kenwood and the same question and answer always happens -

" what did you think?" "alright....erm not as good as Baldwins!"

If there is one thing in life I am sure of it is this.

Joined after yrs of lurking just to reply to this.

Nobody does mass catering like Baldwins. We seem to alternate - Baldwins - elsewhere - Baldwins etc at Xmas but usually end up going for some reason couple of times a year.

We have tried Sitwell / Hilton / Moathouse / Kenwood and the same question and answer always happens -

" what did you think?" "alright....erm not as good as Baldwins!"

If there is one thing in life I am sure of it is this.

I've been to plenty of works Xmas and other do's in Sheffield, none better than Baldwins. Worst was Aston Hall Hotel, but that was 20 years ago.

Baldwins food is to a good standard, lively disco afterwards and a mile from home :)

I went to one at ' The Novotel 'once, and that was great. Then a couple of years later I went to one at a pub on the end of the Moor, and it had cold chicken nuggets :|