Does anyone work for Freemans in Sheffield?

don't know if this counts ...stumbled upon this thread out of the blue. I've worked there occasionally but not in the sales section at all. Covered the gym for Jodie while she was away. Met a nice bunch of ladies there from the call centre ... the people are lovely, methinks ... never met the management, thankfully.

My partner has been invited to a recruitment day for Freemans at the Hilton in town this weekend and is a bit worried, having seen this thread. Can anyone who works there say if things have changed since this thread was started a few years back?

I escaped over a year ago, but have friends that still work there.

Yes, it's changed, for the worse, apparently!

i didnt mind it too much there, worked there part time back end of 2002 whilst at college part time.

i didnt mind it too much there, worked there part time back end of 2002 whilst at college part time.

It's changed a lot since then though!

I worked there from 2003 - 2008 doing 30 hours a week.

I was on Answerline, but had secondments to Training and Quality and M&M (Marketing and Media).

Left coz it didnt suit me anymore (and I was being bullied by others in my department).

I have had to work a lot harder for a lot less money, and while I was there I found that if you put your head down and didnt take the P**s, they looked after you.

I know its changed lots since then, which is a shame, but unfortunatley it was/is the management (or lack of) which lets the place down.

Just come across this unexpectedly. I have worked for Freemans for almost 6 years and in that time I have made alot of friends, many of whom are still there, many who have left for one reason or amother. Reading some of the posts I can only assume that those who had a bad experience may have been doing a job which was not for them, either that or I have just been really lucky. I have worked under 4 different managers, 5 different team leaders (now assistant managers) and within 5 different teams and have always had a good time overall, there have been rocky periods regarding time keeping but aint it the same anywhere, you are in a job and are expected to be there afterall. For the job that I do, the pay is very good, and I am multi skilled so I dont just sit there taking orders. I would agree that if yu get on with your job, you will be left alone, and if you are stuck, there are people willing to help.

you were probably there same time as me then. Started October 2002 and left December 2004

Does anyone work at Freemans currently? I am debating sky or Freemans as I've been offered both jobs . Freemans is now under Sirco and jobs are permanent after 3 months probation . It is a flexi contract 18-37 hours a week between 8am-11pm. Pay starts at £6.81 and goes up every 3 months or so gradually reaching £7.99 when you've been multi trained.

Hi my son worked there for 3 years and he enjoyed it,but wanted to move up the ladder and became a team leader ,then he found a better job at santandare ,but yesterday he went for a interview at LLoyds tsb call centre !

Not sure if I should have started a new thread but I am new here and seeing as this thread is already here I thought I'll ask here. I have a job interview tomorrow at Serco/Freemans and was wondering what it was like there currently? Is it really bad or has it improved somewhat? The position I have applied for is orderline and do need a job currently quite quickly. I have only recently remembered that I had applied here before but it was temp at the time and did not take the job as I ended up working at Knowhow due to a friend suggesting it and it did offer a longer length of time. I left them in February 2013 before I got sacked due to not meeting targets. Somehow I remained there for 18 months as a temp from Blue Arrow.