Best and biggest couriers - facts?

I'm wondering if I'm getting the best service available courier wise. Do companies show the amount of parcels dealt with each week or month, and what the completion/failure rates are. It's alright getting a few opinions but I want hard facts. Are they out there and if not, should the government compel them to by law?

Why does it matter how many parcels your courier service deliver per month?

Shouldn't you be more bothered about there customer service (at both ends) How reliable they are and there speed?

I mainly use Hermes as they are quiet cheap and you get a tracking number. Although they only deliver up 120cm long and 15k. But I don't know what size items you are posting

DPD seem good mainly from a receiving point of view. They text and email the receiver on the day before and the morning allowing the person to rearrange or redirect to a neighbour. If delivery fails they try again the day after

Stay away from Hermes and Yodel. They have a habit of losing parcels, refusing to talk to customers, damaging goods etc. They've been on Watchdog a couple of times.

and DHL...they delivered a CNC machine to a client and they broke it. Did a £1000 worth of damage and said their liability was £100 max!!!

Stay away from Hermes and Yodel. They have a habit of losing parcels, refusing to talk to customers, damaging goods etc. They've been on Watchdog a couple of times.

That's rubbish (going on my experience) Ive posted over 200 items with them since ive been using them.

EVERY single one has turned up and on time.

Carnt say for Yodal, as ive never used them.

I have used Yodel, DPD/Interlink & Parcelforce services. Yodel are fine normally but the last two weeks have seen their systems plunged into chaos with no mention to businesses a problem was building until it was too late.

Parcelforce have setup on Sheffield Road on the way to Rotherham so I drop my irregular parcels off there at the moment.

When parcels are routinely going out I use Interlink (with DPD backing) and I get no problems from any of the deliveries. These guys are moving nearer to Meadowhall soon from the Holbrook Industrial estate so again within easy drop off range.

Prices change annually so its a good idea to shop around and use your volume as a bargaining tool. A year with a different service will see the sales people comimg back from your previous service with a better offer.

I have used Yodel, DPD/Interlink & Parcelforce services. Yodel are fine normally but the last two weeks have seen their systems plunged into chaos with no mention to businesses a problem was building until it was too late.

Parcelforce have setup on Sheffield Road on the way to Rotherham so I drop my irregular parcels off there at the moment.

When parcels are routinely going out I use Interlink (with DPD backing) and I get no problems from any of the deliveries. These guys are moving nearer to Meadowhall soon from the Holbrook Industrial estate so again within easy drop off range.

Prices change annually so its a good idea to shop around and use your volume as a bargaining tool. A year with a different service will see the sales people comimg back from your previous service with a better offer.

I found the DPD backing pretty inconsistent - no problems when it was interlink all the way.

I'll miss them when they move!

Barry, your parcel probably went in a blue bin.... and recycled. They have a habit of advising people to leave in Blue bins and some people don't leave the "sorry we left your parcel in the bin note"