Sheffield Forum

Searchlight.. Criminals?

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-05-2006, 22:23   #101
taxman
Registered User
taxman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Walkley
Total Posts: 20,358
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
What's the difference apart from the supposed 'New Labour' veneer? Labour is still a lefty tax-the-talented party of class envy.
Is that why so many of them are up the a*se of big business? Labour are about as left wing as you are.
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 22:31   #102
Jake01
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: I'm here!
Total Posts: 1,702
The Labour party as we knew it "left" a long time ago.... they have been replaced with the "first wave" of middle to right incompetent aliens who want to destroy the earth.

Last edited by Jake01; 03-05-2006 at 23:03.
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 22:54   #103
Teabag
Registered User
Teabag's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARB
I'm not hesitant at all I called Irving a plank I should have been more clear I regard him and his views as offensive but I'm not a facist I believe in freedom of speech even for those who I find sickening .
I regard Searchlies as an extra arm of the labour party that it can use to incite violence against it's opponents simple as that.
1. So you are saying that Irving should be free to deny the holocaust publicly and disagree his actions are a crime against humanity, as most civilised nations have enshrined in their laws...interesting.. Implicitly therefore you are supporting Irving's right over the rights of all those murdered and silenced by the Nazis.

2. I edit my posts because you post two messages at a time amigo

3. You accused me of lying, not yourself...do try to keep up Varb.

You need to be specific about which parts of my posts are lies or your own
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 23:03   #104
Teabag
Registered User
Teabag's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
Please remember to be calm if it's your 'tread carefully week'.

We clearly do not share views on immigration and 'cultural diversity'. If you think my post exemplified textbook racism, I suggest you read more books. Or any books.

I live in England because, on the whole, it's English, and that's a good thing.

There are many fascinating and colourful cultures around the world, and I've visited quite a few of them, and worked months in some of those which might be described as culturally furthest removed from ours, and much though I have enjoyed those cultures and the experience of travelling through and working in different continents, I think they’re best placed where they are.
When I travel to a very different country, I accept that I must act within the bounds considered acceptable to the people and culture in that country, and obey its laws.

Why, would you be so kind as to explain to me, is it wrong for me to expect people coming to this country to offer the same courtesy? And why does it make me a racist if I object to people abusing our limp-wristed over-tolerant political system and the PC-obsessed morons in the current cabinet?
I think Zoggi now shows wisdom

Troll alert
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 23:16   #105
VARB
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: S8
Total Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag
1. So you are saying that Irving should be free to deny the holocaust publicly and disagree his actions are a crime against humanity, as most civilised nations have enshrined in their laws...interesting.. Implicitly therefore you are supporting Irving's right over the rights of all those murdered and silenced by the Nazis.

2. I edit my posts because you post two messages at a time amigo

3. You accused me of lying, not yourself...do try to keep up Varb.

You need to be specific about which parts of my posts are lies or your own

Yes he should also be allowed to question Christianity , Islam the world being flat or anything else he puts his mind to, his views on the Holocaust can be destroyed with sane arguments not imprisonment Deborah Lipstadt did just this in a recent court case. It's called free speech el knobheado
  Reply With Quote
03-05-2006, 23:22   #106
Teabag
Registered User
Teabag's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARB
Yes he should also be allowed to question Christianity , Islam the world being flat or anything else he puts his mind to, his views on the Holocaust can be destroyed with sane arguments not imprisonment Deborah Lipstadt did just this in a recent court case. It's called free speech el knobheado
Getting a little flustered amigo

If you deny the holocaust...what time is it?...its jail time
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:15   #107
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag
I think Zoggi now shows wisdom

Troll alert
I love the way that the small-minded do-gooders cry troll when they come across an idea that's too much for their sadly limited PC-obsessed minds to absorb.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:21   #108
Phanerothyme
Psychenaut
Phanerothyme's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: The Here And Now
Total Posts: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
I love the way that the small-minded do-gooders cry troll when they come across an idea that's too much for their sadly limited PC-obsessed minds to absorb.
And I love the way trolls react to their accusers, not with arguments or explanations, but with yet more generalised, scattergun insults and wild assumptions that earned them the soubriquet in the first place.

But hey, every forum has an ecology. Vive la difference!
_______
SWYgeW91IGNvdWxkIGhlYXIsIGF0IGV2ZXJ5IGpvbHQsIHRoZS BibG9vZA0KQ29tZSBnYXJnbGluZyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmcm90aC1j b3JydXB0ZWQgbHVuZ3MsDQpPYnNjZW5lIGFzIGNhbmNlciwgYm l0dGVyIGFzIHRoZSBjdWQNCk9mIHZpbGUsIGluY3VyYWJsZSBz b3JlcyBvbiBpbm5vY2VudCB0b25ndWVzLOKAlA==
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:23   #109
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanerothyme
And I love the way trolls react to their accusers, not with arguments or explanations, but with yet more generalised, scattergun insults and wild assumptions that earned them the soubriquet in the first place.

But hey, every forum has an ecology. Vive la difference!
Hello Phan, who shook your cage?
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:24   #110
Alex C.
Registered User
Alex C.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth
Total Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
I live in England because, on the whole, it's English, and that's a good thing.
Forgive me for being naive, but what would you say if someone from say Brazil (random example, replace it with whatever) said they wanted to come to England, because they heard that being English was a good thing and better than Brazil. If they integrated with our culture and had a nil impact (not a benefits abuser, but not a particularily skilled person) then would you support them coming to the UK?

I suspect the answer is No - you seem to imply that you had some kind of choice in where you were born, whereas being English is pretty much a random fact about you, and certainly something you had no control over.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:34   #111
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.
Forgive me for being naive, but what would you say if someone from say Brazil (random example, replace it with whatever) said they wanted to come to England, because they heard that being English was a good thing and better than Brazil. If they integrated with our culture and had a nil impact (not a benefits abuser, but not a particularily skilled person) then would you support them coming to the UK?

I suspect the answer is No - you seem to imply that you had some kind of choice in where you were born, whereas being English is pretty much a random fact about you, and certainly something you had no control over.
Actually, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with such an individual. It wouldn't have to be Brazil - it could be Belgium, Botswana, Belarus, Burundi or Belize. The person could be white, black, pink, orange or bright green, but if they were to genuinely wish to be part of our culture and nation, and embrace our culture, and add to it, good for them.

That's why I find it pitiful that some of the PC-members of the Forum constantly call me racist - I'm not. However, because I identify tendencies for certain groups to be a problem, I'm demonised for speaking up.

Thank goodness I'm not claiming that the world is round - they'd have me burned at the stake.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:38   #112
Alex C.
Registered User
Alex C.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Portsmouth
Total Posts: 2,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfarst
Actually, I wouldn't have the slightest problem with such an individual. It wouldn't have to be Brazil - it could be Belgium, Botswana, Belarus, Burundi or Belize. The person could be white, black, pink, orange or bright green, but if they were to genuinely wish to be part of our culture and nation, and embrace our culture, and add to it, good for them.

That's why I find it pitiful that some of the PC-members of the Forum constantly call me racist - I'm not. However, because I identify tendencies for certain groups to be a problem, I'm demonised for speaking up.

Thank goodness I'm not claiming that the world is round - they'd have me burned at the stake.
Thats fair enough then - and for the record, I certainly agree in as far as that integration is a vital part of immigrating into the UK - but I see no reason why that also means anyone immigrating has to leave everything behind - a balance is needed (which is tipped too far towards non integration).

See, how was that for a 'lefty' viewpoint
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 00:44   #113
Bartfarst
Registered User
Bartfarst's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Hallam. Nice area, nice neighbours.
Total Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.
Thats fair enough then - and for the record, I certainly agree in as far as that integration is a vital part of immigrating into the UK - but I see no reason why that also means anyone immigrating has to leave everything behind - a balance is needed (which is tipped too far towards non integration).
See, how was that for a 'lefty' viewpoint
That wasn't lefty - it was balanced.

I wouldn't advocate anybody forgetting their heritage, but I would hope that people wanting to become part of British society would place their main loyalty with the British state and its laws and customs.

As you so rightly said - integration is vital to immigration, and the problem we have is the legacy of 'racial tolerance' which has, perhaps with good intention, led to the most awful segregation within our cities.
Everyone should use the richness of their heritage and background to contribute to society; what they should not do is use their background to dictate the way our established society should operate.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 09:37   #114
sccsux
Account Closed
sccsux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Googling "S1toS60" will find us:)
Total Posts: 14,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by VARB
It's called free speech el knobheado
And I call that, an insult
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 11:15   #115
4U2NV
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Total Posts: 1,023
Searchlight long may they continue gave me some good laughs about the BNP's incompetence.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 17:22   #116
craigmason
Registered User
craigmason's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: dronfield
Total Posts: 4,185
searchlies are just a load of communist nutter's who spead the lies of the labour party and there leftwing friends
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 17:40   #117
Disco_Cat
Registered User
Disco_Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: The Death Ska
Total Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigmason
searchlies are just a load of communist nutter's who spead the lies of the labour party and there leftwing friends
Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing false information?

Were Searchlight lying when they reported Mark collets unrepeatable outburst against Winston Churchill?
_______
unity

Last edited by Disco_Cat; 04-05-2006 at 17:54.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 17:45   #118
fox20thc
Forum Hostage
fox20thc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: I'm outta here
Total Posts: 14,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Cat
Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing fase information?

Where Searchlight lying when they reported Mark collets unrepeatable outburst against Winston Churchill?
Searchlight, did a lovely piece on our project for their free sheffield paper, highlighting that however the BNP try to imply that communities are divided that is not the case.

I thought they were lovely
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 17:58   #119
VARB
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: S8
Total Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Cat
Again what's the point in making such accusations about Searchlight fi you can't provide any evidence of the publishing fase information


Hackney Gazette and North London Advertiser 8th May 1962 - Gable stands for Communist Party. ( not commys )

Evening Standard - 18th December 1963 - Gable and two others appear at Highgate Magistrates on stolen GPO pass. ( not criminal )

Daily Telegraph - 6th August 1977 - Harry Bidney fined £1,600 after being found guilty of eight charges of living off the earnings of prostitutes ( not morally corrupt )

At his trial for the 1980 arson of a printworks, "In mitigation, his defence counsel, Leonard Krickler, claimed that Carpel had in the past helped the Special Branch in the Midlands and Birmingham." ( not grasses )


Yep must admit on reflection Searchlies are a decent bunch of chaps and theres no reason not to trust them

Last edited by VARB; 04-05-2006 at 18:03.
  Reply With Quote
04-05-2006, 18:00   #120
Disco_Cat
Registered User
Disco_Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: The Death Ska
Total Posts: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox20thc
Searchlight, did a lovely piece on our project for their free sheffield paper, highlighting that however the BNP try to imply that communities are divided that is not the case.

I thought they were lovely
It's a real shame those papers haven't been delivered all across Sheffield* so everyone had a chance to read about the work you've been doing, has it go much coverage in the Star?

*Or even put online so I've not got to go down to the Monday Club to give Timo's his copy to read whilst drinking a bottle of wine which costs more then my house.
_______
unity
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:24.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2014 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017