The Playoffs Await!

the only thing in wednesday favour is your playing the 3rd place that will be gutted not to make the automatic postion but with 10 k part timers who knows when you play at hilsbrough

Some other things in our favour - the best GK in the Championship, a back four that have kept 17 clean sheets, one of the most potent attacks in the league, great individual players, fantastic team spirit and so on.

Can you just check back on uniteds attendences during that pitiful season in the Prem a few years ago compared to now.

the only thing in wednesday favour is your playing the 3rd place that will be gutted not to make the automatic postion but with 10 k part timers who knows when you play at hilsbrough

That's about the same as Blades part timers on here whats gone missing.

Realistically we are unlikely to catch Derby, so we are looking at one of the top three. This is where I think of Mooks - if Middlesborough fail (again) to get automatic promotion the fans will be desolate, so will the players. But the same thing goes for the two other teams up there. I'd be happy to win the last game against Wolves, gain even more confidence/momentum and then carry on against whoever is going to be miserable, shocking them in the first leg, we gain more confidence and who knows where things go from there...

Playing so well against Cardiff is a huge boost to my confidence and it should be to the players' confidence as well.

Don't count ye chickens just ye bud l hope derby get something tomorrow at Brighton. If they do l can see Boro flying at Brighton and a 3-0 would be good for me and back on teesside..

Hate 1-0 never know what will happen.

But as usual whatever happens guys and gals ye get the best wishes off Mooks every time !!

That's about the same as Blades part timers on here whats gone missing.

Or the owls part timers on here that returned/turned up when you suddenly got decent...

---------- Post added 01-05-2016 at 21:19 ----------

If Burnley win tomorrow and Brighton draw or lose against Derby, Burnley are automatically promoted? As both Brighton and Boro can't win on the last day...

Boro v Wednesday would be an interesting matchup for us neutrals... :D

Don't count ye chickens just ye bud l hope derby get something tomorrow at Brighton. If they do l can see Boro flying at Brighton and a 3-0 would be good for me and back on teesside..

Hate 1-0 never know what will happen.

But as usual whatever happens guys and gals ye get the best wishes off Mooks every time !!

I used Middlesborough as an example pal, I hope Middlesborough do go up, the club and fans deserve to be in the PL. What I meant to say is that any of the current top 3 will be in dire straits (Mark Knopfler-like like) when they have to go through the play-offs instead of going straight up. It will be in our advantage.

No worries bud totally agree life would be hell in this household if Boro did play the owls.

But l can't help thinking it maybe the case !!

Whoever it will be be very tough to actually get to Wembley was gutted last season we just never turned up against Norwich..

Even though we beat them twice in the league..

Want Brighton to get beat tomorrow then it be either a draw or win for Boro in last game to go up.

Here's hoping anyway !!

Or the owls part timers on here that returned/turned up when you suddenly got decent...

---------- Post added 01-05-2016 at 21:19 ----------

If Burnley win tomorrow and Brighton draw or lose against Derby, Burnley are automatically promoted? As both Brighton and Boro can't win on the last day...

Boro v Wednesday would be an interesting matchup for us neutrals... :D

I really don't get this part timers dig, any team has a hardcore of fans that will go regardless of the football thats on offer (blades ardent fans must have been really tested this season), others will ebb and flow depending on league status etc, it really is a non argument.

I really don't get this part timers dig, any team has a hardcore of fans that will go regardless of the football thats on offer (blades ardent fans must have been really tested this season), others will ebb and flow depending on league status etc, it really is a non argument.

Nothing to do with the crowds (both teams can't really grumble - United with the performances, Wednesday with the prices - if the crowds aren't quite what they'd like - I think both teams get very commendable support.

Part-timers was related to on here, not 'real life'! - as raised by ukdobby, those who only came on or returned regularly after the owls started getting the upper hand again - prior to that, many went missing - for whatever reasons. No doubt if the owls win the playoffs there'll be even more miraculously rediscovering their keyboards... :)

Nothing to do with the crowds (both teams can't really grumble - United with the performances, Wednesday with the prices - if the crowds aren't quite what they'd like - I think both teams get very commendable support.

Part-timers was related to on here, not 'real life'! - as raised by ukdobby, those who only came on or returned regularly after the owls started getting the upper hand again - prior to that, many went missing - for whatever reasons. No doubt if the owls win the playoffs there'll be even more miraculously rediscovering their keyboards... :)

Works both ways sheff71 and no dig but to be honest how many blades are left on here now after a bad season ? We both have fair wheather fans and to be honest i pick and choose games and have never been a season ticket holder. My excuse is i simply cannot warrent the money every couple of weeks now but in early 20's followed them everywhere !

And the digging at each teams 'part-time supporters' and the discussion at where people went can now stop.

some goals that contributed to where we are now

Bournemouth have announced their losses for last season, apparently up to £38m in their title wnning season! Easy to see why they'd be fined for ffp...but must be a worrying trend to see clubs potentially accruing so much debt.