Homeless man freezes to death in Birmingham

This just makes me sad......... No one cared enough to try and help this guy??

Its really very sad........

"A homeless man ‘froze to death’ on the streets of Birmingham just a day before UK charity Shelter warned more than 250,000 people in England will be homeless this Christmas as high rents, benefit cuts, and a worsening housing crisis create the perfect storm.

The body of the unknown man was found in the West Midlands city at 11.30pm GMT on Wednesday, the coldest night of the year. [more]

http://www.rt.com/uk/368862-homeless-shelter-christmas-england

With all the empty houses about,the county should take some of them over and allow in the homeless!! (Like a big family)

Please try to help the homeless.......

Its really very sad........

http://www.rt.com/uk/368862-homeless-shelter-christmas-england

With all the empty houses about,the county should take some of them over and allow in the homeless!! (Like a big family)

There was an article in The Guardian about this. It had people from YMCA and other organisations saying how cuts to local authority grants which were in turn passed on to them mean that they can't help as many people now. They say that the level of rough sleeping in Birmingham is shocking now. This is a picture repeated across the country and it's thanks to Cameron, Osborne and all the people who voted for them.

its very sad, don't think id last one night in weather like this if I was homeless.

Shocking that this happens when we throw so much money away.

How do WE help the homeless?

I has got to be councils, and they do not have a duty to house single people.

Whilst not wishing to detract from the regret that some find themselves in hopeless situations, police currently believe that this young man died of an overdose amongst other users.

"frozen to death" is unlikely.

Edited by cgksheff

How do WE help the homeless?

I has got to be councils, and they do not have a duty to house single people.

They do if the person is more vulnerable than the average person. But for some people just having a roof over their head isn't the issue, they need lots of support to deal with their problems. The chief exec of YMCA in Birmingham says that due to central government cuts they can now house and support fewer people with significant needs, which just leaves the streets.

A friend me today about a girl who is homeless and eight months pregnant and sleeping rough in this bitterly cold weather, her baby will be adopted............Poor lass.

A friend me today about a girl who is homeless and eight months pregnant and sleeping rough in this bitterly cold weather, her baby will be adopted............Poor lass.

This woman from Sheffield?

If this is in the UK, then most local councils will re-home a homeless pregnant woman without an issue...

that's the easiest way (other than be a refugee) to get a home, be pregnant...

If this is in the UK, then most local councils will re-home a homeless pregnant woman without an issue...

that's the easiest way (other than be a refugee) to get a home, be pregnant...

This is true, although Southwark will have a punt at refusing, given half the chance.