VW emission scandal

Just seen this on the B.B.C. website.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38552828 Something else for the lawyers to get a bit of money from.

The Government lawyers should be making money too. But our Government are just letting VW get away with it.

No point in have rules that help to keep our air clean, if when the law is broken, the company involved is not drawn over the coals.

I have one of these cars. So I'd get money too.

This is not my style though. I prefer to spurn VW for a while. I think the damage to their reputation is probably sufficient penalty.

If others feel more aggrieved then I wish them luck and I shall probably find some worthy cause for my payout if their legal action entitles me to it.

I have one of these cars. So I'd get money too.

This is not my style though. I prefer to spurn VW for a while. I think the damage to their reputation is probably sufficient penalty.

If others feel more aggrieved then I wish them luck and I shall probably find some worthy cause for my payout if their legal action entitles me to it.

I'd like to know what they are actually claiming for? Loss of resale value?

That's what they claimed for in the US.

Might make more sense for the government to claim for estimated additional healthcare costs on account of the higher NO2 output, or perhaps lost VED?

That's what they claimed for in the US.

Might make more sense for the government to claim for estimated additional healthcare costs on account of the higher NO2 output, or perhaps lost VED?

Yes that would make more sense. Not sure VWs resale value has gone down though.

This.

And they should sue Ze Germanese binwagen makers for polluting the atmosphere too.

Whatever they can get away with: the claim culture rides again!

So you are happy buying something that has been falsely advertised?

The issues with this case were;

Higher running costs because the miles/gallon performance was significantly lower than stated.

Higher pollution output especially NOX particles.

Lower government tax revenues because they are not paying the correct amount of tax for the respective output of the cars.

Lower resale value.

Edited by ez8004

I have a diesel VW in my fleet, how do I put a claim in? ?

Higher pollution output especially NOX particles.

This problem would primarily affect those unfortunates in the vehicle behind the polluting Germanese Binwagen.

Ever been stuck behind a diesel vehicle in slow-moving traffic? You can't open a window or switch on the air-con because you get that awful smoggy fug filling your car.

Why, please, did it take so long for somebody to investigate this problem? Surely a couple of minutes stuck in a traffic jam would have been enough to get the alarm bells ringing ?