Selling my house

hey

right guys I'm getting ready to put my house up for sale. now this is my first time at selling a house so people could you please help with any tips which could help me

thanks

De-clutter -- maximise free space

remove all animal smells

Front Garden tidy --- first thing they see

Front door / windows look well kept --- same reason

As above really.

Tidy it, declutter, touch up where needed, get rid of personal things etc..

Make sure outside is neat and tidy. Most buyers will deceide if they like it within a afew seconds of seeing the house.

hey

right guys I'm getting ready to put my house up for sale. now this is my first time at selling a house so people could you please help with any tips which could help me

thanks

Assemble what your solicitor will need- e.g.

a. whether it's freehold or not;

b. [if leasehold] details of the freehold reversioner AND most recent ground rent receipt;

c. [if mortgaged] details of the mortgagee (lender) such as mortgage account number, branch office used, payment day each month, approx. balance outstanding, any endowment policy also taken in as security, etc.

................sillyas it sounds make sure all the cupboards/wardrobes are clean and tidy, and also the oven. You would be amazed where people look! Widows need to sparkle, flower always look nice, kerb appeal, be sure that the garden/ drive clean. Good luck, rather you than me, it is a nightmare. Be aware that people can very very hurtful/rude about your decorations. In Canada they have the right idea, the vendor is asked to leave the viewings up to the agent, that way the viewer can be as rude as he likes about your pride and joy and you won't be any the wiser!!!

As above posts and.

Define each living space, people sometimes need to know what a room/area is used for.

Sell a lifestyle not a house, if the space looks happy and enjoyable to be in

then people will like it more.

Assemble what your solicitor will need- e.g.

a. whether it's freehold or not;

b. [if leasehold] details of the freehold reversioner AND most recent ground rent receipt;

c. [if mortgaged] details of the mortgagee (lender) such as mortgage account number, branch office used, payment day each month, approx. balance outstanding, any endowment policy also taken in as security, etc.

Ah just spotted your signature. No wonder you're so keen on mentioning solicitors at every hand and turn!

But I will just mention what I mentioned on a different thread. You don't need a solicitor to buy or sell a house. I first did conveyancing on my first home aged 20 and I was as green as grass. Buy a book called The Conveyancing Fraud by a guy called Michael Joseph, a solicitor who decided to explode the myth of 'how complicated' conveyancing is. Follow his step by step instructions, and it's very hard to go wrong, particularly if you're just selling.:)

In the US a potential buyer can do what they call a Walk Through when buying a house, you can check all the plumbing, flush the toilets, run the showers, check faucets, check all the light switchers, check all over for signs of dampness, some even bring a flash light to check for dampness, doesn't matter it the house looks "Pretty" inside to most buyers if they know the important things to check for, the inspectors only have certain things on his check list rest is up the the buyer, and you can do the Walk through as many times as you like.

Surely anyone in England & Wales will inspect the property with care before buying?

I'm constantly amused by EAs' blurb such as "An internal inspection is essential to appreciate this house"; who'd ever buy without looking inside?

think you will find you will need one unless you are buying cash