Websites for dating?

I saw the old posts on this, but I'm sure things have changed on the dating scene since with the advent of the net? And attitudes, too?

TV is trying to boost this £££ market- one tv advert with the girl who blinks like a psycho! :hihi:

But what decent sites are worth trying to meet someone? I'm not talking lying, tacky cheating behind-someone's-back games either as i'm not desperate or needy.

I even thought tentatively about showing up in person for some Speed-dating which I've never done, or at Sheffield singles at the Footie ground (ages ago, maybe now defunct?) but am trying to steel myself to do something?

As with many people trying to meet someone interesting, I'm stuck with stigmas and clichés of what modern dating is?

I joined one today.

Im tired of trying to meet a nice man the old fasioned way so i thought id give this a go.

Wish me luck.

Pick up a partner at sheffield forum

The last person who messaged me on here wanted to and i quote

Sort me out!

He said i seemed to lack the love of a good man:loopy:

Awaits the usual "internet dating is for weirdos" response :roll:

If you want to meet someone through internet dating then go for it. I know many people who have joined such sites as Match.com and met nice normal people.

Sort me out!

Haha, there's nothing like a true romantic eh?

Sort me out!

Sounds about right :D

Pick up a partner at sheffield forum

Uh, how (without being wierd, which I ain't)? :hihi:

Seriously, how do people proceed? What 'decent' sites and places are out there? For going alone, too?

I think plenty of fish is free and has lots of people on it. I think I signed up ages when I was stranded at my mothers for 6 weeks and didn't know anyone, just to have someone to go down the pub or something with. Don't think anything came out of it though, I obviously needed a cooler photo.

I think plenty of fish is free and has lots of people on it. I think I signed up ages when I was stranded at my mothers for 6 weeks and didn't know anyone, just to have someone to go down the pub or something with. Don't think anything came out of it though, I obviously needed a cooler photo.

So desperado's for dating sites? :hihi:

So desperado's for dating sites? :hihi:

PoF is terrible - if one night stands and three eyed women are your thing, then maybe you will be on to a winner ;) I would suggest a more classier site, one where you have to pay.

Ok, Agent, thanks.

Sounds like my life experience. Think I'll consider paying, wherever that might be?