Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ok for the police to harass criminals?

• Yes
    • No

Isn't that their job?

No, i dont think it is.

The police harass who they want, criminal or not.

I know of one plod who will (god willing ;) ) be losing their job pretty soon.

Hopefully before christmas but seeing how long these things take itll probably be christmas 2012.

Thats ok though. I can wait.

Isn't that their job?

Harassment, no I don't believe so, probably should be though.

But on Newsnight last night, Blair said he felt good if criminals felt harassed, because then they were doing their job right. It was also the reason most of the thieving yobs gave as an excuse for rioting and looting, ooh the nasty policeman arrested me for something i'd done wrong... What was that old saying, "don't do the crime unless you're willing to do the time...", all these modern criminals are just wimps with excuses...

i think they should keep tabs on them,,but not harass as such,,

be just another excuse for a scumbag to get a claim in

No!

I even think they go too far in filming incidents and suspects and then selling that film to TV companies to make yet another cop show out of. To me filming at the time of an incident could be very intimidating and shouldn't be done or used for public viewing pleasure.

They arent so keen when they are the ones being filmed though.

The new bulletin was somewhat surreal. I wouldn't have been surprised for them to say, 'Remember to nail down your tree and have a merry xmas."

Harassment, by definition, is improper treatment. It can never be proper for the police to treat people improperly.

Should people who already have criminal records be more closely observed by police? Probably yes.

Harassment, by definition, is improper treatment. It can never be proper for the police to treat people improperly.

Should people who already have criminal records be more closely observed by police? Probably yes.

But haven't they already served their punishment, er sorry sentence of rehabilitation?

Yes, definitely.

They choose to become criminals, and if they can't take the baggage that brings, don't commit crime.