Australian Immigration

I am considering the option of skilled visa immigration . On a comparative study with UK it's got low wages ,high taxes,cheap

food products ,better benefits ,high unemploment .Does anyone has views to share about finding a job in IT field,adaptability .

Not to forget of good climate ,long coastline, strict law are some good things abt . AUS .

Originally posted by slimsid2000

What about funnel web spiders that hide under dunny seats?

It's the red back spider that does that.

My auntie and unlce emigrated to Australia quite a few years ago, they had 2 young children when they left, had a lovely house and my auntie didn't have to work

Since they've lived out there she has had to work to help keep things going. Can be very pricey for some stuff.

Originally posted by max

It's the red back spider that does that.

If you'd ever been bitten on the buttocks by a funnel web spider you would know about it.:D

Don't accept lifts from strangers in the outback.

Oh yes, and watch out for dingoes, especially if you have little 'uns.

Originally posted by kall_sheff

Not to forget of good climate ,long coastline , strict law are some good things abt . AUS .

Everything in the water there wants to kill you.

Add sea snakes to the list, too.

Most of the plants are poisonous too, the place is a death trap.

And Great White sharks.

Also, the top 10 most venenous snakes in the world can be found in Australia (so can Jason Donovan).

You lot! :P Don't listen to them, even though it's all true!

It's a wonderful place, or hundreds of thousands wouldn't still live there if not ... for me, it's the closest place to heaven. And miles and miles and miles and miles of (ahem) deserted beaches.

We are headed south, hopefully before 18 months are up. Can't wait, and if you have one of their most wanted skills, you get get out there faster. 'Spenny though, cost you about £3.5k.

We had 6 months there in 2000, the happiest time in my entire life, and we were living in an estate car too.

Where did you have in mind? We are headed for the rainforest of NSW!

Go for it, ask peterdo, he loves it out there.

EDIT: Didn't read the jobs in IT bit. I think most Aussies are heading to the Uk with IT skills, so not sure how it stands out there. Give a company called Visa Bureau a ring, they are very good, and honest with you. The are emigration agents.

So are UKIP right ,should England and Wales have the same immigration laws as Australia, should we be able to pick and choose who comes to live in our Country.

Or should we welcome all and sundry even though some do not want to follow the ,When in Rome do as the Romans do ,way of looking at life.

What about funnel web spiders that hide under dunny seats?

No one has died from a spider bite in Australia for more than 10 years.

This is due to anti-venom being widely available almost everywhere.

Edited by Berberis