Hillsborough Gym / Heat

Is it just me or is Hillsborough Gym a really warm environment. I sweat in there like a certain farm yard animal. I can feel the heat has I walk in especially in the weights area and warm-up area, I’m sure this is because of the low ceiling. When I start to exercise, wow I just spring a leak (body-wise). But on looking around me I’m amazed to see people in hats and hoodies and jogging bottoms, wow I nearly faint just at the thought. These are young fit people, many of them are men on the weights, now their either have a medical problem or are doing 1 rep, weights followed by a 10 minute sit on the machine and a look around.

On finishing my exercise routine the other day, I felt two round objects in my short’s pockets, (now now slow down) it was two tomatoes, they had grown and also ripened whilst doing my workout. Had a salad for tea, wouldn’t recommend it though, tasted of sweat. Now I've heard of the Greenhouse effect, but this is ridiculas.

Not criticising Hillsborough Gym in anyway, quite the reverse the gym is fantastic. A swim after and then a relaxing period in the sauna, just what the doctor ordered. I’m just wondering whether it’s me that overheats too much, but then I do really go for it.

Keep smiling at the gym, I do.

Edited by best sheff
wanted too

Absolutely agree, it's boiling in there! I go on the rowing machines and the ones at the end are right next to radiators that are on full blast. I know its winter, but with all the heat being generated by sweaty exercisers, surely they could turn the heating down a bit!

What's all that about? The changing room supposed improvements? Why has scarce resources been spent on putting doors on the shower cubicles? I can't see the point, I don't know about anyone else. Can someone at the gym explain please?