Ladybirds in house in feb.

Even now in feb, still getting ladybirds in house anyone else?

Saw one on outside of front window. Sun was quite strong today and obviously woke the poor thing up.

Even now in feb, still getting ladybirds in house anyone else?

We get loads in, you have to be careful picking them up off any light coloured fabrics as they leave yellow stains, the other half has thrown a few out earlier today.

We've had a mild winter so far and I think that hibernating ladybirds have woken early. This past week I've noticed several wandering up and down my interior window frames, seemingly trying to find a way out.

In the past couple of weeks I've "despatched" 35 of the little sods.

They're only in my son's bedroom....which is only used when he visits. I've been catching about half a dozen a day in a clip top storage box which then gets popped into the freezer so they can have a deep sleep!!!

If they were our native ladybirds I'd leave them be or let them go but these are the Asian Harlequin ladybirds (bigger than our usual ones)...and they are threatening our indigenous species. They're the ladybird equivalent of the grey squirrel!!!!

Please check out "Harlequin" ladybirds. These are thugs and not native to the UK. They are a threat to our indigenous ladybirds and if you squash them they do cause a mess.

These are more then likely the ones that you are finding in your homes.

ive had ladybirds all through the winter,i think its when you put the heating on they think its time to come out

Had one on the inside of our front window today,a couple in the living room blinds yesterday too.Must be the mild weather waking them .

We have had them all winter, they hide in the house to hibernate, the warm weather wakes them up.

Take a look at RSPB website for more information.

I was always led to believe, that ladybirds found in your house in the autum, should always be put outside, they hibernate and huddle together in clusters, when they wake up, they need food, so being in your house over winter isn't good, i don't think anyway. I'm no expert, but I always put them out, when it's the warmest part of the day.

Take a look at RSPB website for more information.

I was always led to believe, that ladybirds found in your house in the autum, should always be put outside, they hibernate and huddle together in clusters, when they wake up, they need food, so being in your house over winter isn't good, i don't think anyway. I'm no expert, but I always put them out, when it's the warmest part of the day.

The ones I find in the house dont look right, I remember as a kid ladybirds all looked about the same, nowadays they are all sorts of colours.