Will France be the next nation to leave the EU?

If La Pen and her National Front win I suspect a referendum will be on the table given her views she would push it hard her rivals prefer to remain in the EU.

If France pulled out of the EU it could weakened the Euro I bet their are some worried EU leaders Berlin will be watching closely.

I'm pretty negative about the EU, but Le Pen isn't going to win and a Frexit referendum would certainly fail anyway; and France is probably the second least likely member to leave the EU after Germany.

I think the UK's decision to leave the EU was probably a shock to the rest of Europe, the

French referendum if they have one might be similar.

The French will do what is best for France.

If Le Pen does win then I suspect France will be asked to leave the EU soon after if she tries to keep most of her manifesto promises. FN and the EU do not align on some fundamental areas so I suspect it would be mutually beneficial to both if they went their separate ways.

I'd not count against her anymore, Trump and Brexit have shown that to be blasé about populism and to rely on basic human intelligence to win out was misplaced confidence. We shouldn't do that again.

And there's more.........https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/16/court-orders-front-national-meps-to-repay-600000-for-misuse-of-funds

Mister Putinnnnnn...........

Le French ?

Leave Le EU ?

And have Le French Farmers lose out on millions of € of free EU handouts given to them with Love from Le Tony Bliar ?

Non, Non, Non !

Le French will be rioting in Le streets before they give up their free money !

Of course, they'll still want to hate on Le Arab immigrants, but there you go :roll:

Viva Le France !

(or is it Vive La France)

There's a delicious irony at seeing some hardline Brexiters wetting themselves at the thought of Le Pen getting in and Frexiting, whilst knowing at the same time that, if she did get in, the Le Touquet agreements would get ripped up -and illegals across Europe would make a beeline for, and land in, the UK inside a week! :twisted::hihi:

Link doesn't work TFH.

It works for me, just pulled it up.

Link doesn't work TFH.

It's on the front page of msn. I'd like to the article directly but it's behind a payment wall thing on the Wall Street journals website.