Apartment or terrace house?

I am looking at either an apartment or terrace (x2 beds), parking would be good,probably S6 . Just unsure about maintenance charges etc on apartments ,noise etc. I think my top budget would be about 125k, any thoughts welcome :-)

I rented a 1 bed flat for 4 years before I bought a little 2 bed terrace. The flat had it's advantages - always warm, very secure, off road parking etc. But I eventually got cabin fever, craved a garden rather than a balcony & was always at the mercy of noisy neighbours maybe moving in next door/up/down.

I much prefer the house. It's bigger, has street parking & no tenants next door changing every 6 months.

Think carefully about of you were eventually selling the property on as well. Apartments can be harder to sell. Also there's no management fees with a house, but you pay to maintain it all.

Very much as I thought,thanks. I fancy S6 but it will be ex council or straight onto pavement from the front door but maybe better that the apartment lottery you mention. I live in s10 atm, and love the peace and quiet. Damn unexpected divorce gggrrr

Very much as I thought,thanks. I fancy S6 but it will be ex council or straight onto pavement from the front door but maybe better that the apartment lottery you mention. I live in s10 atm, and love the peace and quiet. Damn unexpected divorce gggrrr

S6 has lots of quiet bits too, away from Hillsborough Corner. It also has great public transport! Good luck with your property search.

Thanks I'll keep looking. :-)

If you're looking at any terraced house with on street parking, then make sure you have a drive up after 7/8pm on a few different nights & check how full the roads are & that there is space available to park. Streets look empty during the day but rammed at night. This was a deciding factor in the house I bought, & the furthest I park now is round the corner if I get home after 9pm.

I've lived in rented houses where if I got home too late I'd be parking 5 or 6 streets away, it really grinds you down after a while! & I ended up not driving in case I couldn't park up again.

I'll bear that in mind thanks

If you're looking at any terraced house with on street parking, then make sure you have a drive up after 7/8pm on a few different nights & check how full the roads are & that there is space available to park. Streets look empty during the day but rammed at night. This was a deciding factor in the house I bought, & the furthest I park now is round the corner if I get home after 9pm.

I've lived in rented houses where if I got home too late I'd be parking 5 or 6 streets away, it really grinds you down after a while! & I ended up not driving in case I couldn't park up again.

I knew someone who only did their grocery shopping online because they had to park so far from their house and drag the shopping in afterwards.

Which part of S6 are you looking at as a preference?

I knew someone who only did their grocery shopping online because they had to park so far from their house and drag the shopping in afterwards.

I have on street parking. If I can't park outside my house when I get back from the supermarket, I park in the middle of the road to unload. You don't win too many friends that way, but at least the foie gras doesn't go off.

Which part of S6 are you looking at as a preference?

Wisewood,walkley ideally

A terraced house every time.

Cellar for storage.

Garden (maybe front and back but definitely a bit of outside space of some sort, essential in the summer).

All of the building is yours.

No shared front door.

No untidy communal areas (well you might share a path to the back door).

More to choose from.