Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash.

Who's idea is it to let them Narrate on Adult Programmes, at best they should be doing kids stuff, Ideal for stuff like the Old Playschool or Watch with Mother, watched a bit of Pound shop wars tonight, a bit is all I could bare, I hope she is only getting paid a Pound for her Narration, they both sound ridiculous. :rant:

They are great at narrating, especially on Gogglebox

I rest my case! Goggle box.:gag::loopy:

Craig Cash is a very underrated comedy writer I.e Royle Family and Early Doors both presented without the laugh machine which was very welcome to intelligent people.

Who's idea is it to let them Narrate on Adult Programmes, at best they should be doing kids stuff, Ideal for stuff like the Old Playschool or Watch with Mother, watched a bit of Pound shop wars tonight, a bit is all I could bare, I hope she is only getting paid a Pound for her Narration, they both sound ridiculous. :rant:

You just don't get it do you. The narration style is specifically aimed at your type. It's sardonic, satirical, mocking. Those that understand this find it amusing in itself.

For some obviously it's a bit too complicated (said in Mrs Merton/gogglebox style narration):hihi:

Edited by cassity

Doesn't Craig Cash do the voice over for the sofa advert with Neil, the sofa sloth?

Each to their own. Personally I find the pair of them highly entertaining and their voices are great for voice overs.

Clearly someone with better taste and judgement than you.

I never disputed their roles in Merton, Royals, Early doors, classics actually, I just think their voice overs belong on Kids shows.:roll:

---------- Post added 21-08-2015 at 08:32 ----------

Clearly someone with better taste and judgement than you.

Que Halibut with Drivel comments.:suspect:

I never disputed their roles in Merton, Royals, Early doors, classics actually, I just think their voice overs belong on Kids shows.:roll:

You do know that they are acting don't you? Its been scripted to be delivered in an exaggerated and comedic style. Gogglebox is an entertainment show and although Pound Wars is a "documentary" its about as real life as TOWIE and therefore gets a voiceover to suit.

Its just like the over the top delivery from Dave Lamb on Come Dine with me or the sweary macho punch delivery of Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmares. Its all scripted for deliberate effect.

The great Julie Walters is an example or Alison Steadman, have you heard their sarcastic exaggerated delivery when narrating shows such as Very British Problems or Grumpy Old Women. They can soon switch it off and go into clear monotone speech if they have to deliver an appeal for Cancer or Famine.

They don't speak like this in real life.

To the OP, its not "kids" narration, is just comedic. If you don't like it, turn over to another channel.

You do know that they are acting don't you? Its been scripted to be delivered in an exaggerated and comedic style. Gogglebox is an entertainment show and although Pound Wars is a "documentary" its about as real life as TOWIE and therefore gets a voiceover to suit.

Its just like the over the top delivery from Dave Lamb on Come Dine with me or the sweary macho punch delivery of Gordon Ramsay in Kitchen Nightmares. Its all scripted for deliberate effect.

The great Julie Walters is an example or Alison Steadman, have you heard their sarcastic exaggerated delivery when narrating shows such as Very British Problems or Grumpy Old Women. They can soon switch it off and go into clear monotone speech if they have to deliver an appeal for Cancer or Famine.

They don't speak like this in real life.

To the OP, its not "kids" narration, is just comedic. If you don't like it, turn over to another channel.

Yeh I'll will change the channel in future, probly CBBC, a lot more grown up. :rant:

I thought the next time I'd hear her name mentioned would be bad news, poor lass has had some very serious health problems, cancer of the retina, bladder and now the lungs :(