Drumming and noise

Hello all

I've just got myself another drum kit, and I'm just wondering what the council will view as fair reasonable playing and unreasonable?

It's just me currently, no band or jamming, and it most likely won't be excessive by time scale (won't be hours). But I presume there's a time period that would only be acceptable?

Hello all

I've just got myself another drum kit, and I'm just wondering what the council will view as fair reasonable playing and unreasonable?

It's just me currently, no band or jamming, and it most likely won't be excessive by time scale (won't be hours). But I presume there's a time period that would only be acceptable?

What times did you play your first kit? Use that as a barometer depending on complaints or not.

I didn't, not at this property. It was in a whole different county, and much more rural with nice neighbours.

I didn't, not at this property. It was in a whole different county, and much more rural with nice neighbours.

Ah. I see. I tend to use mine just after kids get in from school and before they go to bed. 4 while about 6,30. Usually a lot of din between those times. Never had a prob.

Ahh, thanks for the advice, will bare those times in mind!

quiet before 8am and after 11pm are the legal requirements - although repeated excessive noise is any time....

Why not get some mufflers? or stuff them with socks?

quiet before 8am and after 11pm are the legal requirements - although repeated excessive noise is any time....

Why not get some mufflers? or stuff them with socks?

I might get some dampeners, but I've had silencer pads before and it's just no good really for practice.. I like to hear properly and feel it when I'm playing.

But thanks, I'll be practising well within those times, most likely after lunch-early afternoon. So I don't suppose any can really complain, I hope !

Ask your neighbours, have a chat with them let them know to expect it, and ask them to let you know if it's ever a inconvenient time. They might work nights, for example.

It's better to foster a good relationship with them, after all.

If my next door neighbour practiced drums I'd be practicing with my high voltage taser at roughly the same times. ;)

Ask your neighbours, have a chat with them let them know to expect it, and ask them to let you know if it's ever a inconvenient time. They might work nights, for example.

It's better to foster a good relationship with them, after all.

No point. I only have one neighbour and it's one of those from Hell :hihi:

Apparently my occasional hoovering maybe once a fortnight (if not once a month!) at around 2pm is an issue.

After drumming for over 10 years, I'm not going to stop now I'm afraid :hihi:

Get yourself an electric kit, my OH bought one from eBay and practices whenever he wants without me having to confiscate his sticks.:)

Used to do mine in five minute bursts. No one ever complained.