Picaso and a skint food bank.

Two subjects in the news both Worlds apart.

A Picaso painting that portrays God knows what has been sold today for 103 million pounds, The total money's paid out for various paintings at the sale is 450 million pounds.

Mean while over in our own area two food banks have closed down due to lack of funds for premises and other over heads.

This has left some of the poorest among us destitute and hungry .

This must be as low as society can sink when people are left hungry and without a roof over their head ,while some can pay millions for a useless piece of canvas.

A Picaso painting that portrays God knows what has been sold today for 103 million pounds, The total money's paid out for various paintings at the sale is 450 million pounds.

Mean while over in our own area two food banks have closed down due to lack of funds for premises and other over heads.

This must be as low as society can sink when people are left hungry and without a roof over their head ,while some can pay millions for a useless piece of canvas.

I agree

I know Sean who manages Food Aware. He is a good man who has been doing amazing things on a very tight budget. He's had to close 3 foodbanks in Mexboro, Doncaster and Rotherham. He also supported various breakfast clubs in school and community lunch clubs in Sheffield.

It's such a shame that foodbanks are needed and even worse that they have had to close

He might be, but how much does he pay to have his hair cut?

He might be, but how much does he pay to have his hair cut?

What the hell has some ones bleedin hair cut got to do with the subject of this thread.:mad:

The canvas will probably give a good return on the investment, especially in the era of low interest rates.

Have you never bought something that you didn't need for your survival and whilst buying it did you think about the millions of starving people all over the world.

Have you never bought something that you didn't need for your survival and whilst buying it did you think about the millions of starving people all over the world.

Every time I turn the teli on and see people starving or home less I feel guilty.

But my sent fiver makes no difference.

450 million paid for useless pieces of canvas would.

makes you wonder the kind of person who could afford to pay that colossal amount for a painting.

They're always anonymous as well. Bit of guilt feeling perhaps

makes you wonder the kind of person who could afford to pay that colossal amount for a painting.

They are to busy trying to avoid paying tax to feel guilty.

Perhaps it's one of those 'shy Tories' we've been hearing about in the news just recently ;)

Every time I turn the teli on and see people starving or home less I feel guilty.

But my sent fiver makes no difference.

450 million paid for useless pieces of canvas would.

Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day, $912 a year, if instead of buying the painting the buyer had divided the 450 million equally between the worlds poor people they could have had a one off payment of 15p, do you think that that would have made a difference to their lives.

Almost half the world — over three billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day, $912 a year, if instead of buying the painting the buyer had divided the 450 million equally between the worlds poor people they could have had a one off payment of 15p, do you think that that would have made a difference to their lives.

I can see that I would be wasting my time by any reply.