The Briefs - Last Night 02.08.2012 Did Anybody Watch It??

Did anybody watch that programme last night called The Briefs on ITV about a Manchester firm of Solicitors??. Was anybody else extremely frustrated, and really really annoyed at the treatment that the clients, who had committed serious crimes were getting?? I was getting so annoyed and had to turn over needless to say I will not be watching it next week if it is on.

What annoyed me is these people have committed crimes time and time again, have no regard for the law, or the people who are victim because of the crimes that they commit alright some do and are sorry but I doubt the people on this programme were sorry for the misery their crimes caused to the victims. They also always recieve legal aid at the expense of the tax payer who does not commit crimes, again a disgusting joke as if this was not the case they could not be convicted, the stupid vicious circle and joke of merry go round that is the British Justice System.

What made me laugh is one of the lawyers, who was only lining his greedy pocket and they were rubbing their hands together, when they knew they were getting another client sickening the lawyer said these people who commit crimes feel like The Poilce and The Courts are against them. Errrrr yes because they have committed CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!, they do not just pick on people The Police and Courts deal with people who choose to break the law time and time again, like these people who then get to be known to The Police, The Courts etc. One of the lawyers went to see a client who, had committed a crime against Coleen Rooney he stole her camera that had personal pictures on it and was demaning a ransom from her to get the camera back along with an accomplice his boss. The lawyer dealing with this client said he was going to talk to the client and sit down with him and ask him what was going on. Yes sit down and give him tea and sympathy and a biscuit while you are at it, you are not their social worker or counsellor you are a lawyer. It just felt like when you were watching the programme they were sympathising with the criminal, which I thing is where the justice system is going wrong completely.

It feels like the law is always on the side of the criminal, they know right from wrong they have committed a crime. Do not sympathise with them, what about the victims of crime?? do they get any sympathy and an ear to listen to them??. Another client was the scum of the earth was a drug dealer in her home town and had been known to The Police for years, her husband had just come out of Prison as well it did not say what for, she had hidden anphetamines in her house that had been found and was saying that she did not know they were there, despite being known to The Police for drug dealing for many years arrrrrrrrrrgghh I could feel myself getting red at this point lol.

They then went back to the client, who had as being accused of blackmail, he was saying that he was juped into being involved with the co accused who was his boss. He was jut feeding the lawyer a pack of lies, the lawyer was just sitting there seemingly believing what this crettin was saying. I could now feel my blood starting to boil, it then went to the same client who was at Court saying he was not prepared to plead guilty his exact words were " why should I plead guilty, I am pleading not guilty he then said **** them. At this point I had to turn over, as people like this are the scum of the earth, and do not deserve the viewing it is the victims of these criminals I feel sorry for, who get forgotten about and overshadowed in a system sympathising with the criminal, and a flawed justice system that is all about rehibillitating the criminals who do not want to ever change, and will just keep expoliting the system to their advantage. In the same way that the lawyers exploit the tax payer, as the PA of one of the lawyers was saying we need repeat offenders, in a meeting that the firm was having one day it is again the tax payer who pays for the criminals legal aid, I am sure she pays taxes is she not frustrated at what her hard earned tax is being spent on??, it is disgusting and changes need to be made now as why should the tax payer and the victims pay for the criminals crimes time and time again.

Edited by CatsEyes4Eva
Spelling Mistakes, Punctuation, Grammar, To Add A Paragraph In

In this Country everyone is allowed a Defence whether they are guilty or not. That is the law of the land.

Oh and don't believe that ALL Solicitors are lining their pockets by defending these crims on legal aid. I can assure you that some Legal Aid firms are really struggling just to keep their heads above water.

In this Country everyone is allowed a Defence whether they are guilty or not. That is the law of the land.

Oh and don't believe that ALL Solicitors are lining their pockets by defending these crims on legal aid. I can assure you that some Legal Aid firms are really struggling just to keep their heads above water.

Yes I accept that, but some continually commit crime, because they know that they cannot afford legal fees, and so will get legal aid. With the amount of crime going on at the moment due to the recession, I am sure the law firms are not doing too bad, do you not think though that repeat offenders that continually flaunt the law should be made to pay their legal fees back whilst in Prison because I do??, take their wages off them and give it back to the tax payer simple as that. If it is a one off crime and you have learned your lesson and do not do it again then I can accept that, everybody makes mistakes.

Some of the people in this program just did not care, and that is what makes me so angry. People like do not deserve the laws time or the tax payers money in my opinion, give idle layabout lags hard labour for their crimes they will think twice before commiting crime again. :);)

Edited by CatsEyes4Eva
Spelling Mistake, To Add Extra Words In